Rapid Sound And Light - Poem by Zoe Nyght
I need the control, we screamed.
Come a little closer, you begged.
Let’s share our souls, I meant.
We said a lot of things
but our connection came
in the silence of the night.
Our words were just noise
and beneath cotton sheets
we exploded into sound.
Find me, we called.
I’m right here, you cried.
We’re blind, I whispered.
Neon lights danced in our eyes
and we crept to each other
like cats straight from the womb.
I shiver, we lisped.
Give me more, you blinked.
Be my star, I shone.
Catastrophe and chaos
controlled our haphazard kisses,
and soon we noticed.
Synaptic misfires misdirected
and bedtime rituals soon became
Please, you pleaded.
I’m sorry, I wept.
We once were, we knew.
Comments about Rapid Sound And Light by Zoe Nyght
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl