Shadow - Poem by Adewole Olaniyi
Got crossed on my way,
a useless and dark mimic.
Close beside me all day.
Its communication’s all greek.
Sprang a surprise though,
Kind of a duplicate- of me.
Stopped and clamored “GO”,
Stubborn, and also made decree.
Finally got a whip- darkness,
It immediately fled.
In my hidden place came boringness,
More worse except in Bed.
I got to surrender to my identical comic.
Comments about Shadow by Adewole Olaniyi
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda