She Said She Had Some Good News - Poem by Amanda Lukas
My mother once told me that
she had some good news for me.
you won't ever be
or the prettiest,
tallest (her wisest bet ever!)
or most popular person in the world, ' she said.
'Well what's the good news? '
won't ever be the dumbest,
or the ugliest,
or least popular one either.'
I suppose she was what you'd call a cynical optimist,
but she gave pretty good advise.
Comments about She Said She Had Some Good News by Amanda Lukas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl