Smile Back - Poem by Francis Kokutse
We sat at the cafe with she
all glorious and beautiful
looking like the most High has
dressed her up for a contest.
I was not of my best but
that did not mean anything to her
and with her usual smile, look
in my direction expecting a smile
back but l did not give back what she wanted
because l was deep in my thought wondering
if l really deserved whoever was by my side.
Then she smiled back another time
looked at me and said in her sweet
voice, why don't you just smile to me.
Comments about Smile Back by Francis Kokutse
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl