So I Say: Mind, Don'T You Sleep - Poem by Ramprasad Sen
So I say: Mind, don't you sleep
Or Time is going to get in and steal from you.
You hold on to the sword of Kali's name.
The shield of Tara's name.
Can Death overwhelm you?
Sound Kali's name on a horn and sound it loud.
Chant “Durga, Durga,”
Until you bring the dawn around.
If She won't save you in this Dark Age --.
But how many great sinners have been saved!
Is Ramprasad then
So unsalvageable a rogue?
[Translated by Leonard Nathan and Clinton Seely]
Comments about So I Say: Mind, Don'T You Sleep by Ramprasad Sen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl