Sweet Words Of Poet Jayadeva - Poem by Harekrishna Meher
O Liquor of Madhuka!
No noble thought arises for you.
O Sugar! You’re very unsavoury really.
O Grape! Who will behold you?
O Nectar! You’re gone dead.
O Milk! Your essence is mere water.
You weep, O Ripe Mango!
O Lips of Beloved Lady!
Down to the nether region you go,
as long as the sweet words of Jayadeva
in this world on all sides offer
emotional feelings of erotic expression.
[Extracted from Gita-Govinda of Jayadeva by Dr. Harekrishna Meher]
Comments about Sweet Words Of Poet Jayadeva by Harekrishna Meher
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl