Ravinder Kumar Soni
The Child Within - Poem by Ravinder Kumar Soni
"I did", the child within me, said,
When I asked -
"Who broke the windowpane? "
There was no guilt in his voice,
He was truthful.
I would still be like him
Had I not matured,
My growing up did me in.
Subjected to varying circumstances
I was no longer my true self.
I did not ask,
Why he broke the windowpane.
Comments about The Child Within by Ravinder Kumar Soni
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl