Jo Lynn Ehnes
The Christmas Gift - Poem by Jo Lynn Ehnes
A gift beneath the Christmas tree
is not my wish this year.
I'd rather that he comfort me
and hold me ever near.
To have his giving heart embrace
the yearning in my soul,
and see a glow adorn his face
with joy he can't control.
To spark a glint in ginger eyes
from dreams we jointly share,
and hear his gasp of true surprise
when peace pervades the air.
To see his smile, that shines so bright,
when walking through the door,
and share his passion's flame at night
as Heaven we explore.
So on this Christmas Eve I'll stare
at twinkling stars above,
then cast my wish and say a prayer
he'll send my gift; his love.
Comments about The Christmas Gift by Jo Lynn Ehnes
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda