The Conditioned Mind - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Two eyes apart, one nose below between
And one mouth still below is the set up
Of a face of human or an animal
To which our seeing has been conditioned.
Any change in number or position
In the face is indigestible to eyes.
How if the Hindu Epic is enacted
In European or modern costumes?
Imagine Jesus in Lord Krishna’s make up.
Everything is evaluated
From the conditioned vision and concept.
Assessments come from the conditioned mind.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about The Conditioned Mind by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl