C. Michael Miller
The Future Of Freckles - Poem by C. Michael Miller
The sun says hello with a warmth
and sincerity she’s not felt in months.
He’s back now from the President’s war,
asleep on the beach, head on her lap,
beneath a clear canopy of sun-filled sky.
Dreamily, she counts the freckles
on his face and in them she sees
a brave young boy turned too quickly
into a man.. . and sighs...
It’s their life she sees on his face...
every freckle reminding her of every
moment that the future will bring.
Comments about The Future Of Freckles by C. Michael Miller
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl