The Millennium - Poem by Edna Pine
What is the millennium?
A time to look back
And a time to look forward
Looking back we applaud the good things done
But are dismayed at the hurt suffered by some.
People will be celebrating
Do they know what?
Or have they forgot?
Whilst they are enjoying life
Others have little or nothing
No hope, no treasure, no job
And no leisure.
So while they enjoy fun and laughter
Will they remember -
and then some time after
Resolve to do something
To eradicate the imbalance.
That is what we should be hoping for
And a fullness of life for all restored
Let the nations rejoice -
Sing with heart and voice
With uplifted spirit
And pray God's will be done.
Comments about The Millennium by Edna Pine
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl