The Song’s End - Poem by Leon Gellert
Where will the song end? Here?
Here by the stretching arc
Red-rimmed and clear>
Or there in the dark?
Where will the song end?
Here, where the lizard sticks its tongue
Into the wide air?
Or there with a friend?
Where will the last note be sung?
Here, or there?
How will the song end? High?
Hight with a fighting ring
Through the wild sky
How will the tune cease?
Slow-droned beneath a quiet heaven?
With a dead foe?
Or ‘mid bells of peace?
How will the last note be given?
High, or low?
Comments about The Song’s End by Leon Gellert
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl