Lawrence S. Pertillar
To Admit What Has Existed - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Maybe if it was admitted,
As to what had been seen and done...
It would have been prevented,
Before it was given an opportunity...
For it to start with a beginning begun.
But denial has become stronger,
Than hunger itself is felt.
And to admit what has existed,
Will never be faced to erase.
The confronting of it will stun.
Since the doing of it,
Will not be as lucrative...
As the dispensing of medications,
An acknowledgement of truth...
Will certainly come to replace for many not some.
Comments about To Admit What Has Existed by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl