Today With Thanks - Poem by Robert Dummett
Today with thanks you adorn this home,
Rubbing voices to curl in shells of ears
While hearts dance like electricity,
Lighting the gates of heaven -
And Baal, our mighty oak, fallen, springs
From acorn green shoots into little lives.
Today with thanks we stretch with dad,
Misty hands in appreciation for
Your support shown unreservedly,
With love that binds and seals it -
You are stars that dazzle darkness,
Like moonlight in twinkling disguise.
Today with thanks know that such friends
And family as you, formed our path;
Today with thanks you cared for us -
And turned heads with your fragrance of life.
Tomorrow, we'll cross the Rubicon....
And into glory sweep.
Comments about Today With Thanks by Robert Dummett
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl