Untitled (1-30-06) - Poem by Amberlee Carter
Everything is about him-
and on days when I feel
like drinking the stash of wine and whiskey
he’s saving for a special occasion- instead
I disappear into the seams of his obsession for me
and my masochistic tendencies.
Once we shared a kiss, that was more like
putting your naked tongue into the fiery hiss
of a comet’s tail; because we loved with a love
greater than gravity.
But now; his words have made my heart
like the surface of that comet; frozen solid
and impossible to grow the sweetest of all blossoms.
Comments about Untitled (1-30-06) by Amberlee Carter
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl