Upon My Departure - Poem by Laura Strom
Destiny has brought to this special place
So why my love is there a tear on your face?
For every worry I send a kiss
To those perfect lips I'll surely miss.
When I'm carried away above the trees so tall
On your head will my eyes forever fall.
I'll guide you with my warm embrace.
I'll hold your hand-caress your face.
Sorrow I hold back, and regret does follow.
I'm leaving you now,
but there's always tomorrow.
So keep these thoughts dear to your heart.
When you feel your world is falling apart.
That beautiful smile shall never leave
even as you cry-as your soul may grieve.
Baby, my baby, never forget.
The love I feel for you
Began when we met.
Comments about Upon My Departure by Laura Strom
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl