Well, I Do. - Poem by Leslie Alexis
What is this… in my throat –is it my heart beat?
In tunes of love, in tunes of satiating heat.
Am I in love? Is it this thing I feel?
Why now, how now.. Is it true? is it real?
Since we met, on the 20th of may,2009.
Secretly in my heart I wish you’d be mine.
But the words I never once could say.
For I did before and she walked away.
In all Milady, you are special to me.
I wish you'd be mine, for all eternity.
To you I say this that i say to very few.
With all my being, I say... I Love you, Boo.
In earnest I would like to make you my bride.
And forever I want us in love to always abide.
Copyright © 2009 Leslie Alexis
Comments about Well, I Do. by Leslie Alexis
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl