What A Beautiful Day - Poem by Dayle Gaylin
Rain dances at the window seal,
getting my attention
as I read the newspaper by the evening fire.
I see the raindrops,
dripping from the leaves,
falling endless, one after another, to the ground.
Lying on the couch,
I look up at the ceiling and listen to the rain,
hammering it’s arithmetic beat at the rooftop
and relax into a slumbering sleep.
Awaking in the morning,
the sweet smell of the nights rain lingers in the air
and the sounds of the birds singing cheerfully from the trees
echo through the valley.
And from the door,
I capture the beauty of the suns rays
escaping from the heavens
to bring warmth to this beautiful day...
Comments about What A Beautiful Day by Dayle Gaylin
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl