Ashley D. Mungroo
What Else Am I To Expect - Poem by Ashley D. Mungroo
Rage welled up in you,
Not for me,
But for the person who gave you life.
Who raised you,
Who gave you security from all impurities.
All I did was try to help.
All I wanted to do was understand your side of the story.
I guess that's too much to ask for.
I'm your sister,
What more can I do other than look out for you.
That same rage unleashed itself on me,
I'm still aching from what you said to me,
"I can't wait until you're dead"
Comments about What Else Am I To Expect by Ashley D. Mungroo
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl