What Is This World Turning Into? - Poem by Dominique Gladney
What is this world turning into?
Is there anything that I can possibly do?
Young people are starting to steal
And young people are starting to kill
Even on the busy streets of Crenshaw
People just love to disobey the law
Crazy people are always starting stuff
Most of the time, they just think they're tough
Young people want to start using a gun
They do it because they think it's fun
Young men are turning into thugs
And pregnant teens are using drugs
Dear Lord, What is this world turning into?
Please, is there something I could possibly do?
I would love for this world to have peace
Dear Lord, is there a way for the violence to decrease?
Comments about What Is This World Turning Into? by Dominique Gladney
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl