What People Say... - Poem by Nefertiti Goforth
People say I'm bossy, ignorant, and a snob,
well I say, at least in this world I have a job.
People say I'm nosy and like to ease drop,
well I say, that these rumors need to stop!
People say I'm stupid when it comes to boys,
well I say, it's not my fault that Cupid mis-aimed with his toy.
People say I hae an attitude and I'm mean,
well I say, is this just another skeem? ? ?
People say I got my toughness from the hood,
well I say, I'm just misunderstood.
People say I'll never fit in with the people who sit around and drink tea,
well I say, do people really know
ME? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Comments about What People Say... by Nefertiti Goforth
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl