What's It All About? - Poem by David Lessard
How many children died today?
How many abortions were done?
Life in the womb is still life,
Eyes that will not see the sun.
How many people shot today?
How many of them died?
How many hearts were broken?
How many of them cried?
How much food was thrown away?
With the garbage that went out?
How's the air pollution in town?
What the hell's it all about?
It's about solace for the soul,
It's about loving your fellow man;
It's about rickets and diarrhea,
it's about following God's plan.
It's about peace and brotherhood,
It's about justice and salvation;
It's about love, prayer and hope,
It's about us as a caring nation.
Comments about What's It All About? by David Lessard
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl