Lawrence S. Pertillar
With A Need To Express Me More - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
If a fly can be what it is...
And has been what it is for years.
It does not have to convince.
If a bee is known to sting...
And is left alone by those who choose,
Not to be stung.
That bee will buzz,
And be about its business.
If I know who it is that I am...
With an identity that belongs to me!
I will not be a fly.
Nor can I,
Be a bee.
But I don't choose to be either of these.
I have chosen to be me.
And that's who it is I am.
With a need to express me more!
If I should buzz while I fly?
If I so choose and decide?
That too will also be me!
Doing me as I have chosen to be!
Comments about With A Need To Express Me More by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl