You - Poem by ... suzyonelittledev
You can punch me with your fists
If it will make you feel like a man
But no matter how many times you do
It will never change who I am.
You can make me feel like nothing
And take all my confidence away
You can make my life a misery
Each and every day.
You can rob me of all dignity
You can play around with my mind
Its only you who has the ability
To choose to be cruel or to be kind.
And though it may annoy you
there are things you can not take
You cannot have my soul
My bones you can only break
You can never break my spirit
Or the yearning to be free.
You will never have my love again
My respect or loyalty.
Comments about You by ... suzyonelittledev
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl