Yours - Poem by David Gibbs
Fill your coffee cup with sadness,
Turn away approaching madness,
Earth spins to a different plane,
Your world is changing yet again.
You need someone to believe in,
Someone who won't keep decieving,
Travel on to find a space,
Different land, far off place.
Find something solid, something stable,
To bear your weight, till you are able,
To lift your coffee to your lips,
Close your eyes and take a sip.
Refill your coffee cup with gladness,
And embrace exciting madness,
Spin the world the other way,
Laugh at what the people say.
Your world is yours, and yours alone,
No need for fax machine or phone,
Relish the change and laugh at anger,
You will come through it all, no danger.
Your world is yours, and yours alone.
Comments about Yours by David Gibbs
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl