Edward Wright Haile
Zz 252 Love Seeks To Make Two People Into One - Poem by Edward Wright Haile
Love seeks to make two people into one.
Neither is incomplete before the start
but might have been as happy in the sun
as anybody with a beating heart.
And then there comes the moment of first sight,
the whimper, and the chasm of desire
sucks down the self and all restraint and quite
undoes the personality entire.
Eager friends and loved ones, pro and con,
aghast to see the joys and woes that smother
almost the gods themselves, go on and on
as now two emptinesses fill each other,
or you are just a free and empty husk
bound down the wind and headed for the dusk.
Comments about Zz 252 Love Seeks To Make Two People Into One by Edward Wright Haile
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl