Africa Poems - Poems For Africa - Africa
Poems about africa. You can read the best africa poems. Browse through all africa poems.
Africa - Poem by Gopi Krishnan Kottoor
We used to sit
Around the red teak table
With the Book Of Knowledge
Open with its picture
That's where we were soon going.
To the country that stood out like the cat muscle
On Cassius Clay's shoulders
We would get there,
As soon as father's office papers
Came back from New Delhi.
For days, months, years,
Africa was our mulberry bush.
Africa. In all weather, the book would lie open
Upon the teakwood table.
We would sit and dream of the crown of Pyramids
Or of our feet dipped in Uranium.
The pygmies came out of the Denkali forest
With their poison-tipped arrows
But there was always Phantom,
With his skull ring
And we woke up without sweat.
Every morning we returned before breakfast to Africa
Turning brown among silver fish in the sunlight from the window.
Decades later near a soccer field in America,
I saw Boko on film. I saw a black youth's red blood
On the dark long white patrolled streets of Africa.
Now I know,
Africa is no open book.
Comments about Africa by Gopi Krishnan Kottoor
Poems About Africa
- 1. On Being Brought From Africa To America , Phillis Wheatley
- 2. A Far Cry From Africa , Derek Walcott
- 3. Africa , Claude McKay
- 4. Brother Africa , Colin Ian Jeffery
- 5. ! ! Spirit Of Africa , Bob Blackwell
- 6. Born In Africa , St Antoine de la Vuadi
- 7. Africa , SEGUN RASAKI
- 8. To The Genius Of Africa , Robert Southey
- 9. Africa , Joseph Seamon Cotter
- 10. It's The Africa In Me , Diana van den Berg
- 11. A Memorial Of Africa , George MacDonald
- 12. An Africa Thunderstorm , David Rubadiri
- 13. ' My Africa Home , Efe Benjamin
- 14. Africa Sings , Diana van den Berg
- 15. Africa , Abisoye Sejoro
- 16. An Echo From Africa , Clarence Michael James Stani ..
- 17. Africa , Chime Hilary Uchenna
- 18. Mama Africa , Sylvia Chidi
- 19. Africa, My Ancient Home! , Eche Ononukwe
- 20. Don’t Cry For Me Africa , Aldo Kraas
- 21. The Battle Of Shina, In Africa, Fought I.. , William Topaz McGonagall
- 22. A Cry From South Africa , James Montgomery
- 23. Oh It Is Africa , lizzie davis
- 24. Africa , TracyLee Eckstein
- 25. (africa Poems) Eagle Metaphor , Pheko Motaung
- 26. Crying 'Africa' , konye ori
- 27. Show Me My Africa! , Siyabonga A Nxumalo
- 28. Mid Wastes Of Africa A Wanderer Sped , France Preseren
- 29. I Have A Dream Of An Africa , LLM Mbatha
- 30. Africa Has A Soul , kemurl fofanah
- 31. Rise Up Africa , Paul Owusu-Aduening
- 32. To Africa (While I Was There In The Dese.. , Peter S. Quinn
- 33. Our Dead In South Africa , Jean Blewett
- 34. My Africa , Emmanuel Odum
- 35. Africa , Herbert Nehrlich
- 36. Csi Africa 'Haiku' , Josephe Buchanan
- 37. Daughter Of Africa , Peter Rhodes
- 38. Africa. , Solomon Bright Dankwa
- 39. Africa , Gopi Krishnan Kottoor
- 40. Rise Up Africa , Matt Ancient
- 41. Africa My Beginning And Africa My Ending.. , Ernest Makuakua
- 42. Africa , Brynn Fier
- 43. Africa , sallam yassin
- 44. Father Africa , Joseph Oladehinde Ibikunle
- 45. Urban Africa , Edward Kofi Louis
- 46. Mama Africa , Lucia Domingos Fula
- 47. Africa , Edward Kofi Louis
- 48. A Colonized Mind Of Africa , Jacques Sprenkie Mateya
- 49. Giant Of Africa , Mimiko moruf oluwakayode
- 50. Africa The Dignity Deferred , Anele TheAfrikanSon kaMtheth ..
New Africa Poems
- African Pride, Wilson Tinotenda Waison
- Africa Be Joyful, ANTHONY ANIGBATA
- Cursed Is You Man Forging A Hoe For An A.., alexander opicho
- Sunshine Africa! !, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Voices Of Africa, Edward Kofi Louis
- Cursed African, Temajung michael tanjang
- Made In Africa 2, Edward Kofi Louis
- The People Of Africa Is Calling, Ayanle Isak
- Somewhere In Africa, Edward Kofi Louis
- Mention The Name, Africa, Yusuff Uthman Adekola
- carpe diem