Chocolate Poems - Poems For Chocolate
Poems about chocolate. You can read the best chocolate poems. Browse through all chocolate poems.
Chocolate Cake - Poem by Michael Rosen
I love chocolate cake.
And when I was a boy
I loved it even more.
Sometimes we used to have it for tea
and Mum used to say,
'If there's any left over
you can have it to take to school
tomorrow to have at playtime.'
And the next day I would take it to school
wrapped up in tin foil
open it up at playtime
and sit in the corner of the playground
you know how the icing on top
is all shiny and it cracks as you
bite into it,
and there's that other kind of icing in
and it sticks to your hands and you
can lick your fingers
and lick your lips
oh it's lovely.
once we had this chocolate cake for tea
and later I went to bed
but while I was in bed
I found myself waking up
licking my lips
I woke up proper.
'The chocolate cake.'
It was the first thing
1 thought of.
I could almost see it
so I thought,
what if I go downstairs
and have a little nibble, yeah?
It was all dark
everyone was in bed
so it must have been really late
but I got out of bed,
crept out of the door
there's always a creaky floorboard, isn't there?
Past Mum and Dad's room,
careful not to tread on bits of broken toys
or bits of Lego
you know what it's like treading on Lego
with your bare feet,
into the kitchen
open the cupboard
and there it is
So I take it out of the cupboard
put it on the table
and I see that
there's a few crumbs lying about on the plate,
so I lick my finger and run my finger all over the crumbs
scooping them up
and put them into my mouth.
I look again
and on one side where it's been cut,
it's all crumbly.
So I take a knife
I think I'll just tidy that up a bit,
cut off the crumbly bits
scoop them all up
and into the mouth
Look at the cake again.
That looks a bit funny now,
one side doesn't match the other
I'll just even it up a bit, eh?
Take the knife
This time the knife makes a little cracky noise
as it goes through that hard icing on top.
A whole slice this time,
into the mouth.
Oh the icing on top
and the icing in the middle
ohhhhhh oooo mmmmmm.
I can't stop myself
1 just take any old slice at it
and I've got this great big chunk
and I'm cramming it in
what a greedy pig
but it's so nice,
and there's another
and another and I'm squealing and I'm smacking my lips
and I'm stuffing myself with it
before I know
I've eaten the lot.
The whole lot.
I look at the plate.
It's all gone.
they're bound to notice, aren't they,
a whole chocolate cake doesn't just disappear
What shall 1 do?
I know. I'll wash the plate up,
and the knife
and put them away and maybe no one
will notice, eh?
So I do that
and creep creep creep
back to bed
licking my lips
with a lovely feeling in my belly.
In the morning I get up,
'Have you got your dinner money?'
and I say,
'And don't forget to take some chocolate cake with you.'
I stopped breathing.
'What's the matter,' she says,
'you normally jump at chocolate cake?'
I'm still not breathing,
and she's looking at me very closely now.
She's looking at me just below my mouth.
'What's that?' she says.
'What's what?' I say.
'What's that there?'
'There,' she says, pointing at my chin.
'I don't know,' I say.
'It looks like chocolate,' she says.
'It's not chocolate is it?'
'I don't know.'
She goes to the cupboard
looks in, up, top, middle, bottom,
turns back to me.
You haven't eaten it, have you?'
'I don't know.'
'You don't know. You don't know if you've eaten a whole
chocolate cake or not?
When? When did you eat it?'
So I told her,
and she said
well what could she say?
'That's the last time I give you any cake to take
Now go. Get out
not before you've washed your dirty sticky face.'
I went upstairs
looked in the mirror
and there it was,
just below my mouth,
a chocolate smudge.
Maybe she'll forget about it by next week.
Comments about Chocolate Cake by Michael Rosen
Poems About Chocolate
- 1. Chocolate Cake , Michael Rosen
- 2. Chocolate And Vanilla, Nice Dream , Hebert Logerie
- 3. Adorable Chocolate... , hazem al jaber
- 4. Chocolate , Charles M Moore
- 5. Dark Chocolate , Reshma Ramesh
- 6. **land Of Chocolate ** , Allen Steble
- 7. Chocolate-Chocolate , Risha Ahmed (12 yrs)
- 8. Chocolate (Can`t Help It) , Vaughn Bekker
- 9. Like My Grandmother's Chocolate Cheesecake , Nadalia Bagratuni
- 10. Chocolate , Olivia Taylor
- 11. Chocolate Hills , Noel Horlanda
- 12. Chocolate For Love , john tiong chunghoo
- 13. Chocolate Is Good For The Heart , Monica Stelly
- 14. Chocolate , Rita Dove
- 15. O Chocolate, My Chocolate! , Melpomene's Tears
- 16. Chocolate And Spring Flowers , Marilyn Lott
- 17. 'Bitter Chocolate' , indira babbellapati
- 18. Chocolate To Die For *aka* Willy Wonka’.. , Joe Rosochacki
- 19. Chocolate Balls , Cigeng Zhang
- 20. A Chocolate Teapot , VICTORIA GEORGE
- 21. Chocolate , e.e. wilholt
- 22. 'Chocolate - Alcohol (Rev) 29/10/2009 , Margaret Alice
- 23. Chocolate (Haiku) , Alexandria Rios
- 24. Chocolate! , anju addanki
- 25. Chocolate! Chocolate! , Sylvia Chidi
- 26. A Chocolate Dream , Yasmeen Khan
- 27. Chocolate-Poem Vs. Acid-Poem , Pranab K. Chakraborty
- 28. Ebony And Ivory, Chocolate And Vanilla, .. , Joe Rosochacki
- 29. Chocolate Day , ramesh rai
- 30. Chocolate , Ronald Chapman
- 31. The Chocolate Box , ANDREW BLAKEMORE
- 32. Your Like Chocolate Candy , Suzae Chevalier
- 33. Chocolate , Akhtar Jawad
- 34. Chocolate , Ross Bateman
- 35. Chocolate Ice Cream. , Simon Gowen
- 36. Blood And Chocolate , Allison Unknown
- 37. My Brown Poem (Hershey Kisses Chocolate .. , A Poet Who Loves To Sing ... ..
- 38. Chocolate Milk, Chocolate Syrup, Chocola.. , drew bailey golden
- 39. *chocolate Hills First Impression , Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- 40. Chocolate , Sidi J. Mahtrow
- 41. Hot Chocolate , Theresa Ann Moore
- 42. Chocolate Milk , Ron Padgett
- 43. My Chocolate Milk , Eudora M.A.S.S.A.
- 44. Dark Chocolate , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 45. Chocolate! , Gregory Krabbe
- 46. Chocolate Chip Day , Jim Yerman
- 47. A Joy From Indian Chocolate! , Ramesh T A
- 48. Wonders Of Nature.Chocolate Hills , Ging Taping
- 49. Chocolate Pleasure , Marilyn Lott
- 50. Hot Chocolate , Kat 'Happy Girl' Happy
New Chocolate Poems
- I'm A Choco Head, Leah Ross
- Chocolate Yes Please, Leah Ross
- Mr Chocolatey, Barry Conway
- Come Let Us Walk On Mars, Sarah Mkhonza
- Without Chocolate [rev], Margaret Alice Second
- A Joy From Indian Chocolate!, Ramesh T A
- Chocolate Rain, Red Hunterson
- Chocolate Of Love, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Declaration To Chocolate, Jennifer WuChiu
- The Dark Chocolate Mystery, Tushar Ray
- carpe diem