Fathers Poems - Poems For Fathers - Fathers And Sons
Poems about fathers. You can read the best fathers poems. Browse through all fathers poems.
Fathers And Sons - Poem by Patricia Denise Newman
A son sits by his father with questions in his eyes
The father looks down at his son, his pride he can't disguise.
There comes a time when every son must leave his father's care
and venture out into the world to see what happens there.
'Everything that I have learned has come from watching you,
every thought I comprehend from what you say and do.
The time has come for me to go and find my way alone,
your guiding hand will help me make decisions of my own.'
The father then enfolds his son into a fond embrace,
he cannot stop the silent tears that slide across his face.
Bitter-sweet the memories of all the years now past,
the little boy is now a man - the time has gone too fast.
'My son always remember in everything you do,
that I am here, at any time, to help and guide you through.
Life can at times be difficult; the road is sometimes rough,
but, with our love and guidance, you are strong and wise enough.'
The son then left his father and the home he'd always known
to face the world of new, exciting challenges alone;
all fears and apprehensions he determined to ignore,
and set out on his new life upon a distant shore.
The father, in his wisdom, knows that in the years to come,
his son will understand the truth of all he's said and done,
and maybe in the future, when experience has wrought,
his son will teach a grandchild everything that he's been taught.
Comments about Fathers And Sons by Patricia Denise Newman
Poems About Fathers
- 1. Anecdote For Fathers , William Wordsworth
- 2. The Fathers , Edwin Muir
- 3. The Landing Of The Pilgrim Fathers In Ne.. , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- 4. Our Fathers Of Old , Rudyard Kipling
- 5. The Fathers , Siegfried Sassoon
- 6. My Fathers, The Baltic , Philip Levine
- 7. The Landing Of The Pilgrim Fathers , Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- 8. The Sins Of The Fathers , Stephen Crane
- 9. Our Fathers Also , Rudyard Kipling
- 10. An Indian At The Burial-Place Of His Fat.. , William Cullen Bryant
- 11. Fathers And Daughters , Harry J. Couchon Jr
- 12. Your Fathers (1985) , Max Reif
- 13. (((...And A Happy Fathers Day To Yo.. , Theodora (Theo) Onken
- 14. Heavenly Fathers' Day Forever , Michael Shepherd
- 15. Fathers Day (A Reckless Slaughter) , Silent Speaker
- 16. The Pilgrim Fathers , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- 17. Fathers Are Wonderful People , Helen Steiner Rice
- 18. Father Poetry: A Fathers Tribute , Loyd C. Taylor, Sr.
- 19. 0016 Fathers, Sons, And Families , Michael Shepherd
- 20. The Pilgrim's Fathers , John Boyle O'Reilly
- 21. Fathers Anger You , Kirsty Lucas
- 22. Fathers Don'T Grow Old , Jemarie Ragudo
- 23. A Fathers Love Is Forever , Peter Beauregard
- 24. The Fathers , Elizabeth Holmes
- 25. My Fathers Eyes , Karin Elizabeth Martin
- 26. Fathers Are The Men From Sky , Ellias Anderson C.A ( Known ..
- 27. Anecdote For Fathers , Sir Arthur Quiller-Couch
- 28. Fathers Dilemma (Daughters Stages) , louis rams
- 29. A Fathers Promise ' For A Daughter ' , Roger Horsch
- 30. The Fathers , Rose Marie Juan Austin
- 31. A Fathers Love , dani fries
- 32. Fathers Day , kevin glenn
- 33. Brothers, Fathers, Sisters, Mothers , Egal Bohen
- 34. To Whom It May Concern... Fathers, Mothe.. , David Beckham
- 35. Father Poetry: Fathers Are , Loyd C. Taylor, Sr.
- 36. What Are Fathers Made Of? , Diane Wright
- 37. Dear Fathers , Otteri Selvakumar
- 38. Fathers , Scarlett Treat
- 39. A Fathers Daughter , louis rams
- 40. Day Of The Fathers , Bernard F. Asuncion
- 41. To Fathers' , Marilyn Lott
- 42. Faith Of Our Fathers Living Still , Barney Rooney
- 43. The Graves Of Our Fathers , Charles Mackay
- 44. Fathers Against Sons , nader baheri
- 45. Not All Fathers Will Get A Chance To Cel.. , Elena Plotkin
- 46. Fathers Of Atonement , Frank Bana
- 47. Happy Fathers Day 'Dad' , Poison 9901
- 48. A Fathers Reminiscence... , Jonathan Maldonado
- 49. A Fathers Words To His Child. , R. K. Hart
- 50. Fathers Day Poem (...A Day Late...) , Oscar Mireles
New Fathers Poems
- The Fathers, Rose Marie Juan Austin
- A Country In Distress, Loke Kok yee
- Scenic Irony!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Fathers - Fathers As Good Role Models, Paul Warren
- Fathers, We Have A Question For You, Monica Rupazo
- Plight Of My Generation, Damilare Tella
- Dawn Of A New Age, victoria goddy
- 1000 Years Of Peace, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Fatherless, Charity Nduhiu
- It Takes More Than Titles, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- carpe diem