Fish Poems - Poems For Fish
Poems about fish. You can read the best fish poems. Browse through all fish poems.
Darwin's Fish - Poem by Sidi J. Mahtrow
Darwin had a fish named Very Brighte
‘Twas marked with spots of orange amongst the white
Such a fine example of selective breed'n
'Twould be a shame to see him eat'n.
Charles D., taught this very special fish
To take a walk on a contrivance; called a leash.
On days when weather was good and fair
Brighte was released from his leather snare.
Under trees so green and supple, the two
Frolicked, as only friends could do.
One day they took a different path
As they were deep in thought, discussing math.
They approached a glen so inviting
The fish dictating, Darwin writing.
There in the cooling shade,
A brook's babbling sound was made.
‘Memberances of times in distant past
Thru his brain the pictures flashed.
Caused him (the fish, not Darwin)
To leap right in.
‘Twas here, the poor fish did discover
A truth known to father, mother, sister, brother.
Pollywogs, as well, have found it's true,
One cannot go home to waters, blue.
As he sank into the deep,
Poor Darwin's fish began to weep.
Sink or Swim, he did remember.
But forgot all else, that day in September.
Perhaps he forgot how to swim and drowned.
Yet his body was never found.
But Darwin was convinced that it was evolution,
That brough Brighte's life to its conclusion.
Comments about Darwin's Fish by Sidi J. Mahtrow
Poems About Fish
- 51. Darwin's Fish , Sidi J. Mahtrow
- 52. Sign Of The Fish , Ted Sheridan
- 53. A Net, Fish And The Ocean , nimal dunuhinga
- 54. Fish-Food , Smoky Hoss
- 55. A Small Fish , J.B. LeBuert
- 56. My Shoes Taste Like Fish And Chips (A Po.. , Jojoba Mansell
- 57. Fish Supper In Black And White , Martin O'Neill
- 58. Fish! , Jinal Oswal
- 59. My Darling, Why Should You Poach On Fish , Sheikh Noor-ud-din Wali
- 60. ~other Fish In The Sea~ , Micah Bell
- 61. Of All The Fish In All The Sea And She... , Dónall Dempsey
- 62. Live Like Fish , gajanan mishra
- 63. Who Taught The Little Fish To Swim , Juan Olivarez
- 64. Puffer Fish , Sidi J. Mahtrow
- 65. Fish Or Cut Bait , Lillian Susan Thomas
- 66. I Work With Retarded Fish When I Am Not .. , James McLain
- 67. One Thousand Pages Of Tuna Fish , Robert Rorabeck
- 68. Some Ones Retarded Fish And I , James McLain
- 69. Fish And Rice , David Taylor
- 70. Fish For Dinner Again? , Ted Sheridan
- 71. Fish With No Tail , Antonio Liao
- 72. A Kingfisher And A Tiny Scalloped Fish , nimal dunuhinga
- 73. World Of Fish , Marilyn Lott
- 74. Give Them A Net, Than A Fish , Antonio Liao
- 75. Bird Or Fish? , David Taylor
- 76. Fish , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 77. You Smell Like Fish , Juan Olivarez
- 78. Fish Die In Full View Of The Water , Patti Masterman
- 79. United Nations? Who Stole The Fish? , ahmed khaled
- 80. Flying Fish , Gert Strydom
- 81. The Sea’s Fish , Naveed Akram
- 82. I'Ll Eat The Fish , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 83. Fish Fever , Cheré Mason
- 84. Fish Bowl , Hardik Vaidya
- 85. I Am A Fish! , Arta Krasniqi
- 86. The Snake And The Fish , Asif Andalib
- 87. World Sea Fish Extinction Crisis , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 88. Blue Fish , Edward Kofi Louis
- 89. Remembering A Friend Through The Fish , RIC S. BASTASA
- 90. Fresh Fish , ray Schreiber
- 91. Fish And Company , Linda Stitt
- 92. The Eternal Fish , Barbara James
- 93. Carps - Fish Of Luck , john tiong chunghoo
- 94. The Caesuras Of A Fish Tailed Palm Tree , Robert Rorabeck
- 95. 'Super Sweet Angel Fish' , Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- 96. Big Fish Small Pond , JOE POEWHIT
- 97. Plenty More Fish In The Sea , Tia Maria
- 98. Fish Vs. Humans , Rebecca Bell
- 99. Fish Pond , Edward Kofi Louis
- 100. A Fish Bone In Your Throat... , RIC S. BASTASA
New Fish Poems
- I just mopped the floor, Afrizal Malna
- Eating Sin, Michael Sharkey
- Family Fishing Outing, NHIEN NGUYEN MD
- Monoku- 258 ( Success- 3), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Help, Ojonuba Ojonuba
- Crooked River Tragedy, Ray Lucero
- Fish N Chips, Peter Hall
- Princess Suri, Aileen Figueroa
- The Big Fish, Small Fish Theorem, Hebert Logerie
- The Brown Urchin, Anwer Gani
- carpe diem