Flower Poems - Poems For Flower
Poems about flower. You can read the best flower poems. Browse through all flower poems.
Flower Of Love - Poem by Oscar Wilde
Sweet, I blame you not, for mine the fault was, had I not been made of common
I had climbed the higher heights unclimbed yet, seen the fuller air, the
From the wildness of my wasted passion I had struck a better, clearer song,
Lit some lighter light of freer freedom, battled with some Hydra-headed wrong.
Had my lips been smitten into music by the kisses that but made them bleed,
You had walked with Bice and the angels on that verdant and enamelled meed.
I had trod the road which Dante treading saw the suns of seven circles shine,
Ay! perchance had seen the heavens opening, as they opened to the Florentine.
And the mighty nations would have crowned me, who am crownless now and without
And some orient dawn had found me kneeling on the threshold of the House of
I had sat within that marble circle where the oldest bard is as the young,
And the pipe is ever dropping honey, and the lyre's strings are ever strung.
Keats had lifted up his hymeneal curls from out the poppy-seeded wine,
With ambrosial mouth had kissed my forehead, clasped the hand of noble love in
And at springtide, when the apple-blossoms brush the burnished bosom of the
Two young lovers lying in an orchard would have read the story of our love;
Would have read the legend of my passion, known the bitter secret of my heart,
Kissed as we have kissed, but never parted as we two are fated now to part.
For the crimson flower of our life is eaten by the cankerworm of truth,
And no hand can gather up the fallen withered petals of the rose of youth.
Yet I am not sorry that I loved you -ah! what else had I a boy to do? -
For the hungry teeth of time devour, and the silent-footed years pursue.
Rudderless, we drift athwart a tempest, and when once the storm of youth is
Without lyre, without lute or chorus, Death the silent pilot comes at last.
And within the grave there is no pleasure, for the blindworm battens on the
And Desire shudders into ashes, and the tree of Passion bears no fruit.
Ah! what else had I to do but love you? God's own mother was less dear to me,
And less dear the Cytheraean rising like an argent lily from the sea.
I have made my choice, have lived my poems, and, though youth is gone in
I have found the lover's crown of myrtle better than the poet's crown of bays.
Comments about Flower Of Love by Oscar Wilde
Poems About Flower
- 1. Flower Of Love , Oscar Wilde
- 2. Fruit Of The Flower , Countee Cullen
- 3. Flower , Rabindranath Tagore
- 4. The Flower , Alfred Lord Tennyson
- 5. A Red Flower , Claude McKay
- 6. Flower-Gathering , Robert Frost
- 7. The Force That Through The Green Fuse Dr.. , Dylan Thomas
- 8. Flower Of Love , Claude McKay
- 9. (my Beautiful Flower) , Allen Steble
- 10. The Flower-School , Rabindranath Tagore
- 11. Asphodel, That Greeny Flower , William Carlos Williams
- 12. The Flower Boat , Robert Frost
- 13. Song Of The Flower Xxiii , Khalil Gibran
- 14. Flower God, God Of The Spring , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 15. Climbing West Of Lotus Flower Peak , Li Po
- 16. A Flower Given To My Daughter , James Joyce
- 17. A Flower In The Rain , Robert Rorabeck
- 18. A Word And A Flower , Sandra Fowler
- 19. Chelsea Flower Show , Ernestine Northover
- 20. As If Some Little Arctic Flower , Emily Dickinson
- 21. November Cotton Flower , Jean Toomer
- 22. The Flower Of Liberty , Oliver Wendell Holmes
- 23. Where The Passion Flower Grows , Charles M Moore
- 24. Autumn Flower , Hebert Logerie
- 25. The Easter Flower , Claude McKay
- 26. The Chanpa Flower , Rabindranath Tagore
- 27. A Flower Girl , Per. Nig.
- 28. The Faded Flower , Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 29. By A Flower—by A Letter , Emily Dickinson
- 30. The Flower , George Herbert
- 31. - A Little Flower - , Dmitriy Kokarev
- 32. Soldier, Maiden, And Flower , Eugene Field
- 33. The Gardener Lvii: I Plucked Your Flower , Rabindranath Tagore
- 34. The Flower-Fed Buffaloes , Vachel Lindsay
- 35. ! A Flower Is A Flower ! , Linda Ori
- 36. A Flower-Piece By Fantin , Algernon Charles Swinburne
- 37. A Flower In Disguise… , Kesav Venkat Easwaran
- 38. A Flower For You , Antonio Liao
- 39. Having Misidentified A Wild-Flower , Richard Wilbur
- 40. Delia Xxxiii: When Men Shall Find Thy Fl.. , Samuel Daniel
- 41. I Hide Myself Within My Flower , Emily Dickinson
- 42. Flower , Olivia Taylor
- 43. Flower-Salute , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 44. Lotus Flower , George Murdock
- 45. Hugo's "Flower To Butterfly" , Eugene Field
- 46. The Beauteous Flower - Son Of The Impris.. , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 47. Flower-Life , Henry Timrod
- 48. The Lotus-Flower , Roderic Quinn
- 49. The Flower Of Mending , Vachel Lindsay
- 50. There Is A Flower That Bees Prefer , Emily Dickinson
New Flower Poems
- [Flower -dream...], Eduardo Milán
- You Are The Only Flower, Kuda Bondamakara
- Monoku- 149 (Butterfly- 5), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Monoku- 133 (Marriage), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Monoku-75 ( But Lord Shiva Loves), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Monoku-31 ( Wind Bears Fragrance Of Flow.., SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- His Flower, Her Love, Kewayne Wadley
- I'm Just A Little Flower, Jayden Yoon
- Forsaken Buds, Kewayne Wadley
- Creator Vs Creation, Jesus Vs. Magdalene, Lalitha Iyer
- carpe diem