Fun Poems - Poems For Fun
Poems about fun. You can read the best fun poems. Browse through all fun poems.
Dentist Chair (Fun Poem 99) - Poem by David Harris
Everyone hates the dentist
some much more than me.
Just the thought of the drill
and the light in your eyes
puts the chills up me.
One of my worst encounters
of the dentist chair came in the 1960’s
when a cold in a tooth made my face swell
on one side like a melon
and I could only drink through a straw.
They knocked me out to remove the tooth.
Having no recovery room
they put me back in the waiting room
and sat me in a chair out there.
It was the dawn of the plastic moulded ones
and the one I sat on was so slippery
I kept slipping down.
I mumbled aloud about the dentist being no good.
Some of his patients took one look at me
and decided I was right, then made a hasty exit
from the waiting room.
With the side of my face swollen to the size of a melon
I can understand why.
Another encounter with a dentist
was quite a few years later.
A different dentist with a wholly different approach.
He was having his waiting room decorated
and I was the only one there.
He came in with a Cheshire grin across his face.
“Mr Harris, do you mind if this gentleman
takes out your teeth today? ”
Being I and thinking it was a student,
I said I didn’t mind.
The dentist then said, “He is my interior decorator.”
The smile still implanted on his face.
I nearly ran out of there.
Now the third tale concerns my wife
and she fears the dentist even more than me.
She had an appointment
and when we arrived,
the surgery was closed for lunch.
We went for a little walk
and all the cars we passed had dents in the side.
“See that.” I said.
“Yes.” She replied.
“That’s what the dentist does
when he can’t get his own way.”
As we approached, a corner
there was a church on the other side.
“Why don’t you nip in there for a quick pray
that the dentist doesn’t come back? ”
She thumped me I wonder why.
As we walked back to the surgery I assured her,
that everything was going to be OK.
They calm you as soon as you walk in.
She looked at me suspiciously and asked how?
They have a big mallet just above the door
and bop you on the head as you walk in.
Your teeth fall out in the process
and the job is done.
Now I wonder why she has never asked me
to go to the dentist with her again.
1 April 2009
Comments about Dentist Chair (Fun Poem 99) by David Harris
Poems About Fun
- 51. Dentist Chair (Fun Poem 99) , David Harris
- 52. (3.12) A Fun Posting From My Publisher.. , Karl Stuart Kline
- 53. Congratulations On The All Clear (Fun Po.. , David Harris
- 54. Your Wears (Fun Poem 81) , David Harris
- 55. Pinocchio (Fun Poem 21) , David Harris
- 56. The Real Face That's Me (Fun Poem 26) , David Harris
- 57. Back Row Of The Picture House (Fun Poem .. , David Harris
- 58. Joys Of Flat Packing (Fun Poem 33) , David Harris
- 59. Car Washers (Fun Poem 34) , David Harris
- 60. Forms (Fun Poem 38) , David Harris
- 61. Love Came To Me (Fun Poem) , David Harris
- 62. God Is A Prankster (Fun Poem) , JoJo Bean
- 63. Not Much Fun. , Bernard Shaw
- 64. Fishing Fun , Mary Nagy
- 65. A Little Mermaid (Fun Poem 81) , David Harris
- 66. A Hole In The Wall (Fun Poem 66) , David Harris
- 67. Just For Zee Fun Of Spring....Hehehehehehe , elysabeth faslund
- 68. Have A Drink On Me (Fun Poem 58) , David Harris
- 69. Ain’t We Got... Fun? , Marilyn Lott
- 70. Havin' Fun , David Harris
- 71. A Grizzly Dream- Fun , Lisa Cresswell Wilkinson
- 72. Fun , Selina Gurgacz
- 73. Kissing The Blarney Stone (Fun Poem 17) , David Harris
- 74. They Call Me Dodgy The Quickest Vicar In.. , David Harris
- 75. Frog Or Is It A Toad (Fun Poem 22) , David Harris
- 76. I Met My Girl On The Other End Of My Pen.. , David Harris
- 77. The Word That Wouldn’t Fit (Fun Poem 25) , David Harris
- 78. Centre Of Attention (Fun Poem 41) , David Harris
- 79. If I Only Had A Brain (Fun Poem But True) , JoJo Bean
- 80. A Cows Rear Leg (Fun Poem 57) , David Harris
- 81. A Pound Super-Glued (Fun Poem 49) , David Harris
- 82. A Musical Loo (Fun Poem 74) , David Harris
- 83. A Shilling In The Meter (Fun Poem 76) , David Harris
- 84. Autographing (Fun Poem 78) , David Harris
- 85. Backseat Drivers (Fun Poem 87) , David Harris
- 86. Isaiahs Fun Day , Sedale Salera
- 87. Jugs Of Hugs (Fun Poem) , JoJo Bean
- 88. Little Man (Fun Poem 8) , David Harris
- 89. Popping In Popping Out (Fun Poem 16) , David Harris
- 90. Down At The Hacienda (Fun Poem 18) , David Harris
- 91. Chewing Gum (Fun Poem 46) , David Harris
- 92. Fun: The Trilobite, An Ancient Fossil Ca.. , Margaret Alice
- 93. Beans (Fun Poem 70) , David Harris
- 94. A Fun Box Born Of Idiot Box! , Ramesh T A
- 95. State Fair Fun , Marilyn Lott
- 96. Fun , michael hubbert
- 97. Lasagna' (A T.M. Fun Poem) , Trade Martin
- 98. Taste Bud Jingle (Fun Poem) , JoJo Bean
- 99. Old Man (Fun Poem 20) , David Harris
- 100. Chicken (Fun Poem 23) , David Harris
New Fun Poems
- If I, John Paul Wilson
- Fun! Fun! Fun! [nursery Rhyme], Md. Ziaul Haque
- Don't Worry Just Have Fun, Benjamin Bauda
- Fun Fun Fun, Sotirios Skoufis
- Section B In February 2017's ' A Showcas.., Bri Edwards
- Fun Boyz, Sareena Asrar
- Fun And Seriousness In Cyclic Form Exist.., Latha Govindasamy
- The Womb - Poems On Mother, Father, Chil.., Nikhil Parekh
- Monoku- 242 (Fun & Fund), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Monoku- - -240 (Fun- 3), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- carpe diem