Fun Poems - Poems For Fun
Poems about fun. You can read the best fun poems. Browse through all fun poems.
A Little Merman (Fun Poem 51) - Poem by David Harris
Just beyond the reef
where the little fishes swim
there lives a little merman
and his name is Gunga Din.
He frolics in the ocean
from morning to night,
playing with the mermaids
is his hearts delight.
One day while playing
on the ocean floor
Gunga din found a bottle
with a Genie trapped within.
He opened the bottle
and set the Genie free.
The Genie then said to him.
“Three wishes I now grant to thee.”
“Three wishes? What are those? ”
Gunga Din asked the Genie.
“Wishes are made
for anything you want,
and then I will make them come true.”
“But I have no need for wishes.
I have everything my heart desires.”
“But surely there is something
that you would like most of all? ”
Gunga Din shook his head.
“There is nothing I require.”
“Nothing? ” Asked the Genie.
“Nothing.” Gunga Din replied.
“You see Mr Genie
I have everything I need.
I am completely satisfied
with everything I have got.”
“The oceans are my gardens
to play around all day within.
I have plenty of friends
to keep me company.
So what do I need your wishes for?
I have everything I’ll ever need.”
“But I must grant you three wishes
for setting me free
and If you won’t take the wishes
I cannot be free.“
Gunga thought for a moment.
This cannot be right.
Everyone must be free
to do as they wish.
“Get back in the bottle, Mr Genie.
I’ll take you to some distant sandy shore.
I’ll put you on the beach
for someone to find.
I’m sure in that greedy world out there,
that there is someone
who will take up your wishes
and set you free.
28 December 2007
Comments about A Little Merman (Fun Poem 51) by David Harris
Poems About Fun
- 51. A Little Merman (Fun Poem 51) , David Harris
- 52. Dentist Chair (Fun Poem 99) , David Harris
- 53. Congratulations On The All Clear (Fun Po.. , David Harris
- 54. Your Wears (Fun Poem 81) , David Harris
- 55. Pinocchio (Fun Poem 21) , David Harris
- 56. Back Row Of The Picture House (Fun Poem .. , David Harris
- 57. The Real Face That's Me (Fun Poem 26) , David Harris
- 58. Joys Of Flat Packing (Fun Poem 33) , David Harris
- 59. Car Washers (Fun Poem 34) , David Harris
- 60. Forms (Fun Poem 38) , David Harris
- 61. Love Came To Me (Fun Poem) , David Harris
- 62. God Is A Prankster (Fun Poem) , JoJo Bean
- 63. Not Much Fun. , Bernard Shaw
- 64. Fishing Fun , Mary Nagy
- 65. A Hole In The Wall (Fun Poem 66) , David Harris
- 66. Just For Zee Fun Of Spring....Hehehehehehe , elysabeth faslund
- 67. Have A Drink On Me (Fun Poem 58) , David Harris
- 68. Ain’t We Got... Fun? , Marilyn Lott
- 69. Havin' Fun , David Harris
- 70. A Grizzly Dream- Fun , Lisa Cresswell Wilkinson
- 71. Funny Things (Fun Poem 89) , David Harris
- 72. Fun And Frolic , gershon hepner
- 73. Fun , Selina Gurgacz
- 74. Baseball's Fun In The Sun! , Michael Gale
- 75. Kissing The Blarney Stone (Fun Poem 17) , David Harris
- 76. Fun , michael hubbert
- 77. A Musical Loo (Fun Poem 74) , David Harris
- 78. A Shilling In The Meter (Fun Poem 76) , David Harris
- 79. Autographing (Fun Poem 78) , David Harris
- 80. Backseat Drivers (Fun Poem 87) , David Harris
- 81. A Cows Rear Leg (Fun Poem 57) , David Harris
- 82. A Pound Super-Glued (Fun Poem 49) , David Harris
- 83. They Call Me Dodgy The Quickest Vicar In.. , David Harris
- 84. Frog Or Is It A Toad (Fun Poem 22) , David Harris
- 85. I Met My Girl On The Other End Of My Pen.. , David Harris
- 86. The Word That Wouldn’t Fit (Fun Poem 25) , David Harris
- 87. Centre Of Attention (Fun Poem 41) , David Harris
- 88. If I Only Had A Brain (Fun Poem But True) , JoJo Bean
- 89. Isaiahs Fun Day , Sedale Salera
- 90. Jugs Of Hugs (Fun Poem) , JoJo Bean
- 91. Having Fun , Fay Slimm
- 92. Chewing Gum (Fun Poem 46) , David Harris
- 93. Fun: The Trilobite, An Ancient Fossil Ca.. , Margaret Alice
- 94. Beans (Fun Poem 70) , David Harris
- 95. Little Man (Fun Poem 8) , David Harris
- 96. Popping In Popping Out (Fun Poem 16) , David Harris
- 97. Down At The Hacienda (Fun Poem 18) , David Harris
- 98. A Fun Box Born Of Idiot Box! , Ramesh T A
- 99. State Fair Fun , Marilyn Lott
- 100. Lasagna' (A T.M. Fun Poem) , Trade Martin
New Fun Poems
- Section B In February 2017's ' A Showcas.., Bri Edwards
- Land By The Sea, john dawkins
- Fun Boyz, Sareena Asrar
- Fun And Seriousness In Cyclic Form Exist.., Latha Govindasamy
- The Womb - Poems On Mother, Father, Chil.., Nikhil Parekh
- Monoku- 242 (Fun & Fund), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Monoku- - -240 (Fun- 3), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Monoku- - -239 (Fun- -2), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Monoku- 238 (Fun- 1), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Monoku- - -237 (Funny- 1), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- carpe diem