God Poems - Poems For God
Poems about god. You can read the best god poems. Browse through all god poems.
But For The Grace Of God - Poem by Edwin Arlington Robinson
“There, but for the grace of God, goes…”
There is a question that I ask,
And ask again:
What hunger was half-hidden by the mask
That he wore then?
There was a word for me to say
That I said not;
And in the past there was another day
That I forgot:
A dreary, cold, unwholesome day,
As if the world were turning the wrong way,
And the sun dead:
A day that comes back well enough
Now he is gone.
What then? Has memory no other stuff
To seize upon?
Wherever he may wander now
In his despair,
Would he be more contented in the slough
If all were there?
And yet he brought a kind of light
Into the room;
And when he left, a tinge of something bright
Survived the gloom.
Why will he not be where he is,
And not with me?
The hours that are my life are mine, not his,—
Or used to be.
What numerous imps invisible
Has he at hand,
Far-flying and forlorn as what they tell
At his command?
What hold of weirdness or of worth
Can he possess,
That he may speak from anywhere on earth
Shall I be caught and held again
In the old net?—
He brought a sorry sunbeam with him then,
But it beams yet.
Comments about But For The Grace Of God by Edwin Arlington Robinson
Poems About God
- 51. But For The Grace Of God , Edwin Arlington Robinson
- 52. When God Opens Heaven's Gates , Gloria Davis Walker
- 53. God Gave A Loaf To Every Bird, , Emily Dickinson
- 54. The Indian Upon God , William Butler Yeats
- 55. Know God Trust God , Cecelia Weir
- 56. Decision (God God God God God) , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 57. God Scatters Beauty , Walter Savage Landor
- 58. To God The Father , Katherine Mansfield
- 59. Psalm Xxxv: Now Plead My Cause, Almighty.. , Isaac Watts
- 60. God God God , Paramahansa Yogananda
- 61. Psalm Iii: My God, How Many Are My Fears , Isaac Watts
- 62. The Shadow Of God , Ken Smith
- 63. God Made A Little Gentian , Emily Dickinson
- 64. His Wish To God , Robert Herrick
- 65. The Mother Of God , William Butler Yeats
- 66. God Of Love , Augustus Montague Toplady
- 67. Sonnet: Have Trust/Faith In God , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 68. Psalm Lxxiv: Will God For Ever Cast Us O.. , Isaac Watts
- 69. Psalm Lxxii: Great God , Isaac Watts
- 70. The Pure In Heart Shall See God , Frances Ellen Watkins Harper
- 71. God Lyaeus , John Fletcher
- 72. A Serious And Pathetical Contemplation O.. , Thomas Traherne
- 73. Desiring To Be Given Up To God , Augustus Montague Toplady
- 74. Hymn Xi: God, The Offended God Most High , John Wesley
- 75. Trust In God (God God God) , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 76. Psalm Xlvi: God Is The Refuge , Isaac Watts
- 77. Exit God , Gamaliel Bradford
- 78. The Lord's Passover (God God God) , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 79. God Permit Industrious Angels , Emily Dickinson
- 80. Tsunamis- God Makes: God Takes! , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 81. Science And Art; Man And God , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 82. The Greatest Love (God God God) , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 83. People Of The Living God , James Montgomery
- 84. I Sometimes Wonder If The Mighty God , Joseph Seamon Cotter
- 85. Servants Of God, In Joyful Lays , James Montgomery
- 86. The Sick God , Thomas Hardy
- 87. Hymn X: Ye Thirsty For God, To Jesus Giv.. , John Wesley
- 88. O God! Thou Art My God Alone; , James Montgomery
- 89. O Spirit Of The Living God , James Montgomery
- 90. Oh God Bless (God God God God God God) , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 91. Hymn Xi: God, The Offended God Most High , Charles Wesley
- 92. Christ's Sheep (God God God God) , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 93. Love Is God And God Is Love , Hasmukh Amathalal
- 94. Is There A God? (God God God God God) , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 95. My God Is An Awesome God , Aldo Kraas
- 96. The Armor Of God (God God God God God) , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 97. God Is God , Angelina Pandian
- 98. Hallowed Be Thy Name (God God God God) , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 99. In Not Finding God I Find God. , Dr. Antony Theodore
- 100. My Life Is But A Weaving, Between My God.. , Anonymous Works
New God Poems
- Q: How Can I Feel Close To God?, Alice Perfect
- 1 God - Poems On God, Creator - Volume 4, Nikhil Parekh
- 1 God - Poems On God, Creator - Volume 3, Nikhil Parekh
- 1 God - Poems On God, Creator - Volume 2, Nikhil Parekh
- 1 God - Poems On God, Creator - Volume 1, Nikhil Parekh
- Everyone Is God Here, gajanan mishra
- 1000 Years Of Peace, Joseph Narusiewicz
- God, Dexsta Ray
- God Loves Me, nora foerster
- Creation (God God God God God), Udiah (witness to Yah)
- carpe diem