Hero Poems - Poems For Hero - The Hero
Poems about hero. You can read the best hero poems. Browse through all hero poems.
The Hero - Poem by Rabindranath Tagore
Mother, let us imagine we are travelling, and passing through a
strange and dangerous country.
You are riding in a palanquin and I am trotting by you on a
It is evening and the sun goes down. The waste of Joradighi
lies wan and grey before us. The land is desolate and barren.
You are frightened and thinking-"I know not where we have come
I say to you, "Mother, do not be afraid."
The meadow is prickly with spiky grass, and through it runs
a narrow broken path.
There are no cattle to be seen in the wide field; they have
gone to their village stalls.
It grows dark and dim on the land and sky, and we cannot tell
where we are going.
Suddenly you call me and ask me in a whisper, "What light is
that near the bank?"
Just then there bursts out a fearful yell, and figures come
running towards us.
You sit crouched in your palanquin and repeat the names of the
gods in prayer.
The bearers, shaking in terror, hide themselves in the thorny
I shout to you, "Don't be afraid, mother. I am here."
With long sticks in their hands and hair all wild about their
heads, they come nearer and nearer.
I shout, "Have a care, you villains! One step more and you are
They give another terrible yell and rush forward.
You clutch my hand and say, "Dear boy, for heaven's sake, keep
away from them."
I say, "Mother, just you watch me."
Then I spur my horse for a wild gallop, and my sword and
buckler clash against each other.
The fight becomes so fearful, mother, that it would give you
a cold shudder could you see it from your palanquin.
Many of them fly, and a great number are cut to pieces.
I know you are thinking, sitting all by yourself, that your
boy must be dead by this time.
But I come to you all stained with blood, and say,"Mother, the
fight is over now."
You come out and kiss me, pressing me to your heart, and you
say to yourself,
"I don't know what I should do if I hadn't my boy to escort
A thousand useless things happen day after day, and why
couldn't such a thing come true by chance?
It would be like a story in a book.
My brother would say, "Is it possible? I always thought he was
Our village people would all say in amazement, "Was it not
lucky that the boy was with his mother?"
Comments about The Hero by Rabindranath Tagore
Poems About Hero
- 1. A Hero , Robert William Service
- 2. When Ure Hero Falls , Tupac Shakur
- 3. Hero And Leander , Christopher Marlowe
- 4. He Is More Than A Hero , Sappho
- 5. Hero , Siegfried Sassoon
- 6. Hero And Leander: The First Sestiad , Christopher Marlowe
- 7. My Hero Bares His Nerves , Dylan Thomas
- 8. The Hero , Rabindranath Tagore
- 9. Hero And Leander , John Donne
- 10. The Last Hero , Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- 11. The Poet As Hero , Siegfried Sassoon
- 12. 05 - A Hero , nicola burkett
- 13. My Hero , Nathan Kraft
- 14. Hero And Leander , Friedrich Schiller
- 15. Hero-Worship , Amy Lowell
- 16. The Hero , Siegfried Sassoon
- 17. "Mom's My Hero&Quot; , Beau Burkett
- 18. The Hero Of Rorke's Drift , William Topaz McGonagall
- 19. A Hero , Katharine Tynan
- 20. My Hero , salsabila alkhatiry
- 21. My Hero , Tim Meister
- 22. Hero And Leander: The Second Sestiad , Christopher Marlowe
- 23. Hero In The Classroom , Susan T. Aparejo
- 24. Soldiers Who Wish To Be A Hero , Anonymous Americas
- 25. A Hero Is One Who Falls Asleep With His .. , Wes Thompson
- 26. Soldiers Who Wish To Be A Hero , Anonymous
- 27. The Mind Inside My Hero , Ana Lia Zaldivar
- 28. General Grant -- The Hero Of The War , George Moses Horton
- 29. The Hero Of Kalapore , William Topaz McGonagall
- 30. Our Hero , Frances Ellen Watkins Harper
- 31. Hero Stuff , Lonnie Hicks
- 32. Hero Worship , Robert William Service
- 33. He Died A Hero? , Cynthia BuhainBaello
- 34. The Hero And The Villain , Noel Lopez
- 35. Superman My Hero , Aldo Kraas
- 36. General Gordon, The Hero Of Khartoum , William Topaz McGonagall
- 37. My Husband, My Soldier, My Hero, My Friend , Courtney Lane
- 38. Jackie Robinson…an American Hero , Stanley Cooper
- 39. To Hermann Stoffkraft, Ph.D., The Hero O.. , James Clerk Maxwell
- 40. A True Hero , Dinah Maria Mulock Craik
- 41. My Hero (Dad) , Scarred Unknown
- 42. Hero , sara messina
- 43. A Hero , Josh Carew
- 44. Hero? , Mark R Slaughter
- 45. Her Hero , HELEN.J WILLIAMS
- 46. Hero And Leander. The Fifth Sestiad , George Chapman
- 47. The Alcoholic Family Hero , A. Albert Aguero
- 48. My Hero , Ernestine Northover
- 49. Your Hero , Francis Duggan
- 50. Healfast, Healfast, Ye Hero Wounds , Louisa May Alcott
New Hero Poems
- The The Fidel Castro, LOUHOJONG mora nodi
- If I Were Your Hero, Garba Ado Ibrahim
- Nobody's Hero, Laura arwen
- Personal Hero, Laura arwen
- Epics Are For The Weak., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The Tale Of The Demonic Hero, hikaru tomai
- The Search For Different, Prithwish Biswas
- My First Hero, Akhil Jain
- My Hero, Michael P. McParland
- A Hero (Mark Ii), nicola burkett
- carpe diem