Music Poems - Poems For Music - Bagpipe Music
Poems about music. You can read the best music poems. Browse through all music poems.
Bagpipe Music - Poem by Louis Macneice
It's no go the merrygoround, it's no go the rickshaw,
All we want is a limousine and a ticket for the peepshow.
Their knickers are made of crepe-de-chine, their shoes are made of python,
Their halls are lined with tiger rugs and their walls with head of bison.
John MacDonald found a corpse, put it under the sofa,
Waited till it came to life and hit it with a poker,
Sold its eyes for souvenirs, sold its blood for whiskey,
Kept its bones for dumbbells to use when he was fifty.
It's no go the Yogi-man, it's no go Blavatsky,
All we want is a bank balance and a bit of skirt in a taxi.
Annie MacDougall went to milk, caught her foot in the heather,
Woke to hear a dance record playing of Old Vienna.
It's no go your maidenheads, it's no go your culture,
All we want is a Dunlop tire and the devil mend the puncture.
The Laird o' Phelps spent Hogmanay declaring he was sober,
Counted his feet to prove the fact and found he had one foot over.
Mrs. Carmichael had her fifth, looked at the job with repulsion,
Said to the midwife "Take it away; I'm through with overproduction."
It's no go the gossip column, it's no go the Ceilidh,
All we want is a mother's help and a sugar-stick for the baby.
Willie Murray cut his thumb, couldn't count the damage,
Took the hide of an Ayrshire cow and used it for a bandage.
His brother caught three hundred cran when the seas were lavish,
Threw the bleeders back in the sea and went upon the parish.
It's no go the Herring Board, it's no go the Bible,
All we want is a packet of fags when our hands are idle.
It's no go the picture palace, it's no go the stadium,
It's no go the country cot with a pot of pink geraniums,
It's no go the Government grants, it's no go the elections,
Sit on your arse for fifty years and hang your hat on a pension.
It's no go my honey love, it's no go my poppet;
Work your hands from day to day, the winds will blow the profit.
The glass is falling hour by hour, the glass will fall forever,
But if you break the bloody glass you won't hold up the weather.
Comments about Bagpipe Music by Louis Macneice
Poems About Music
- 1. I Am In Need Of Music , Elizabeth Bishop
- 2. Dirge Without Music , Edna St. Vincent Millay
- 3. Ancient Music , Ezra Pound
- 4. Music , Walter de la Mare
- 5. Music, When Soft Voices Die , Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 6. Celestial Music , Louise Gluck
- 7. Music Swims Back To Me , Anne Sexton
- 8. We Are The Music-Makers , Arthur William Edgar O'Shaug ..
- 9. Broken Music , Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- 10. I Know The Music , Wilfred Owen
- 11. What Is Music To You? , Sylvia Chidi
- 12. At A Solemn Music , John Milton
- 13. (1) Before The Music Ends , Sandra Fowler
- 14. Sonnet 128: How Oft, When Thou, My Music.. , William Shakespeare
- 15. Music , Rainer Maria Rilke
- 16. Bagpipe Music , Louis Macneice
- 17. Call It Music , Philip Levine
- 18. Music , Frank O'Hara
- 19. April Music , s./j. goldner
- 20. To Music , Rainer Maria Rilke
- 21. The Music , Kathryn Thompson
- 22. Words For Music Perhaps , William Butler Yeats
- 23. Sonnet 8: Music To Hear, Why Hear'st Tho.. , William Shakespeare
- 24. That Music Always Round Me , Walt Whitman
- 25. Away With Funeral Music , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 26. Secret Music , Siegfried Sassoon
- 27. From Spring Days To Winter (For Music) , Oscar Wilde
- 28. Church Music , George Herbert
- 29. On Music , Thomas Moore
- 30. Alexander's Feast; Or, The Power Of Music , John Dryden
- 31. Music I Heard , Conrad Potter Aiken
- 32. Better—than Music! For I—who Heard It , Emily Dickinson
- 33. Perplexed Music , Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- 34. Music , .Pd. is here
- 35. Music , Wilfred Owen
- 36. Proud Music Of The Storm , Walt Whitman
- 37. Italian Music In Dakota , Walt Whitman
- 38. Song And Music , Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- 39. There Is A Lady Sweet And Kind, Thomas F.. , Anonymous
- 40. Master Of Music , Henry Van Dyke
- 41. Sing -- Sing -- Music Was Given , Thomas Moore
- 42. The Choir And Music Of Solitude And Sile.. , Delmore Schwartz
- 43. War Music [down On Your Knees, Achilles] , Christopher Logue
- 44. Five For Country Music , Lisel Mueller
- 45. ! ! Impressionism In Paint, In Music, In.. , Michael Shepherd
- 46. Music , Arthur Seymour John Tessimond
- 47. Music: An Ode , Algernon Charles Swinburne
- 48. War-Music , Henry Van Dyke
- 49. Music To Me Is Like Days , Les Murray
- 50. Water Music , Robert Creeley
New Music Poems
- Sexting, Angela K Brown
- Music Maketh Me, Gurleen kaur Narang
- Music, Oh The Music, Daniel Brick
- Music, Aphelele Tengile
- My Music, Laura arwen
- If You Cut A Tree; You Cut Your Own Moth.., Nikhil Parekh
- Life = Death - Volume 2 - Poems On Life,.., Nikhil Parekh
- When The Rythem Of Music Changes, Even D.., Preston Mwiinga
- Music: The Food For Life, Nikhil Parekh
- Music For Me, Diane Catherine Kordas
- carpe diem