Music Poems - Poems For Music - Music Swims Back To Me
Poems about music. You can read the best music poems. Browse through all music poems.
Music Swims Back To Me - Poem by Anne Sexton
Wait Mister. Which way is home?
They turned the light out
and the dark is moving in the corner.
There are no sign posts in this room,
four ladies, over eighty,
in diapers every one of them.
La la la, Oh music swims back to me
and I can feel the tune they played
the night they left me
in this private institution on a hill.
Imagine it. A radio playing
and everyone here was crazy.
I liked it and danced in a circle.
Music pours over the sense
and in a funny way
music sees more than I.
I mean it remembers better;
remembers the first night here.
It was the strangled cold of November;
even the stars were strapped in the sky
and that moon too bright
forking through the bars to stick me
with a singing in the head.
I have forgotten all the rest.
They lock me in this chair at eight a.m.
and there are no signs to tell the way,
just the radio beating to itself
and the song that remembers
more than I. Oh, la la la,
this music swims back to me.
The night I came I danced a circle
and was not afraid.
Comments about Music Swims Back To Me by Anne Sexton
Poems About Music
- 1. I Am In Need Of Music , Elizabeth Bishop
- 2. Dirge Without Music , Edna St. Vincent Millay
- 3. Celestial Music , Louise Gluck
- 4. Music , Walter de la Mare
- 5. Ancient Music , Ezra Pound
- 6. Music, When Soft Voices Die , Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 7. I Know The Music , Wilfred Owen
- 8. We Are The Music-Makers , Arthur William Edgar O'Shaug ..
- 9. Broken Music , Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- 10. Music Swims Back To Me , Anne Sexton
- 11. What Is Music To You? , Sylvia Chidi
- 12. (1) Before The Music Ends , Sandra Fowler
- 13. Bagpipe Music , Louis Macneice
- 14. Music , Rainer Maria Rilke
- 15. Sonnet 128: How Oft, When Thou, My Music.. , William Shakespeare
- 16. Call It Music , Philip Levine
- 17. Music , Frank O'Hara
- 18. At A Solemn Music , John Milton
- 19. April Music , s./j. goldner
- 20. Sonnet 8: Music To Hear, Why Hear'st Tho.. , William Shakespeare
- 21. To Music , Rainer Maria Rilke
- 22. Words For Music Perhaps , William Butler Yeats
- 23. That Music Always Round Me , Walt Whitman
- 24. The Music , Kathryn Thompson
- 25. Music I Heard , Conrad Potter Aiken
- 26. Alexander's Feast; Or, The Power Of Music , John Dryden
- 27. Away With Funeral Music , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 28. Better—than Music! For I—who Heard It , Emily Dickinson
- 29. From Spring Days To Winter (For Music) , Oscar Wilde
- 30. Church Music , George Herbert
- 31. On Music , Thomas Moore
- 32. Music , Wilfred Owen
- 33. The Choir And Music Of Solitude And Sile.. , Delmore Schwartz
- 34. Perplexed Music , Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- 35. Secret Music , Siegfried Sassoon
- 36. Music , .Pd. is here
- 37. Proud Music Of The Storm , Walt Whitman
- 38. Italian Music In Dakota , Walt Whitman
- 39. War Music [down On Your Knees, Achilles] , Christopher Logue
- 40. Song And Music , Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- 41. There Is A Lady Sweet And Kind, Thomas F.. , Anonymous
- 42. Master Of Music , Henry Van Dyke
- 43. To The One Of Fictive Music , Wallace Stevens
- 44. Music To Me Is Like Days , Les Murray
- 45. Five For Country Music , Lisel Mueller
- 46. ! ! Impressionism In Paint, In Music, In.. , Michael Shepherd
- 47. Music , Arthur Seymour John Tessimond
- 48. Music: An Ode , Algernon Charles Swinburne
- 49. Sing -- Sing -- Music Was Given , Thomas Moore
- 50. War-Music , Henry Van Dyke
New Music Poems
- Music, Oh The Music, Daniel Brick
- Music, Aphelele Tengile
- My Music, Laura arwen
- If You Cut A Tree; You Cut Your Own Moth.., Nikhil Parekh
- Life = Death - Volume 2 - Poems On Life,.., Nikhil Parekh
- When The Rythem Of Music Changes, Even D.., Preston Mwiinga
- Music: The Food For Life, Nikhil Parekh
- Music For Me, Diane Catherine Kordas
- Music: A Divine Art, Thilliar Varnakulasingham
- To Feel The Music Is Like Feeling The To.., Raymond Sawyer
- carpe diem