Music Poems - Poems For Music
Poems about music. You can read the best music poems. Browse through all music poems.
Transcription Of Organ Music - Poem by Allen Ginsberg
The flower in the glass peanut bottle formerly in the
kitchen crooked to take a place in the light,
the closet door opened, because I used it before, it
kindly stayed open waiting for me, its owner.
I began to feel my misery in pallet on floor, listening
to music, my misery, that's why I want to sing.
The room closed down on me, I expected the presence
of the Creator, I saw my gray painted walls and
ceiling, they contained my room, they contained
as the sky contained my garden,
I opened my door
The rambler vine climbed up the cottage post,
the leaves in the night still where the day had placed
them, the animal heads of the flowers where they had
to think at the sun
Can I bring back the words? Will thought of
transcription haze my mental open eye?
The kindly search for growth, the gracious de-
sire to exist of the flowers, my near ecstasy at existing
The privilege to witness my existence-you too
must seek the sun...
My books piled up before me for my use
waiting in space where I placed them, they
haven't disappeared, time's left its remnants and qual-
ities for me to use--my words piled up, my texts, my
manuscripts, my loves.
I had a moment of clarity, saw the feeling in
the heart of things, walked out to the garden crying.
Saw the red blossoms in the night light, sun's
gone, they had all grown, in a moment, and were wait-
ing stopped in time for the day sun to come and give
Flowers which as in a dream at sunset I watered
faithfully not knowing how much I loved them.
I am so lonely in my glory--except they too out
there--I looked up--those red bush blossoms beckon-
ing and peering in the window waiting in the blind love,
their leaves too have hope and are upturned top flat
to the sky to receive--all creation open to receive--the
flat earth itself.
The music descends, as does the tall bending
stalk of the heavy blssom, because it has to, to stay
alive, to continue to the last drop of joy.
The world knows the love that's in its breast as
in the flower, the suffering lonely world.
The Father is merciful.
The light socket is crudely attached to the ceil-
ing, after the house was built, to receive a plug which
sticks in it alright, and serves my phonograph now...
The closet door is open for me, where I left it,
since I left it open, it has graciously stayed open.
The kitchen has no door, the hole there will
admit me should I wish to enter the kitchen.
I remember when I first got laid, H.P. gra-
ciously took my cherry, I sat on the docks of Prov-
incetown, age 23, joyful, elevated in hope with the
Father, the door to the womb wasopen to admit me
if I wished to enter.
There are unused electricity plugs all over my
house if I ever needed them.
The kitchen window is open, to admit air...
The telephone--sad to relate--sits on the
floor--I haven't had the money to get it connected--
I want people to bow when they see me and say
he is gifted with poetry, he has seen the presence of
And the Creator gave me a shot of his presence
to gratify my wish, so as not to cheat me of my yearning
Comments about Transcription Of Organ Music by Allen Ginsberg
Poems About Music
- 51. Transcription Of Organ Music , Allen Ginsberg
- 52. Storm-Music , Henry Van Dyke
- 53. Music On Christmas Morning , Anne Brontë
- 54. Split The Lark&Mdash;And You'Ll Find The.. , Emily Dickinson
- 55. Stanzas For Music: There's Not A Joy The.. , George Gordon Byron
- 56. Music (The Song) , Theodora (Theo) Onken
- 57. Music , Henry Van Dyke
- 58. Young Laughters, And My Music! , Augusta Davies Webster
- 59. Yes, The Fish Music , Richard Brautigan
- 60. (a) 21 (Love/Passion) I Will Be The M.. , Renu Rakheja a.k.a Tranquil ..
- 61. Listening To Your Favourite Piece Of Mus.. , Dónall Dempsey
- 62. The Sound Of Music....... , Ravi Sathasivam
- 63. Since First I Saw Your Face, Thomas Ford.. , Anonymous
- 64. Water Music , Robert Creeley
- 65. Music At The Villa Marina , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 66. Music In The Flat , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 67. The Strange Music , Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- 68. Ode To Music , Joseph Warton
- 69. Music , Cecilia Perner
- 70. To Music: A Song , Robert Herrick
- 71. The Music Of Your Voice , Clarence Michael James Stani ..
- 72. Pan Learns Music , Henry Van Dyke
- 73. To His Friend Master R. L., In Praise Of.. , Richard Barnfield
- 74. Soft Music , Robert Herrick
- 75. ! Has Music Gone From Poetry? , Michael Shepherd
- 76. To Music, To Becalm A Sweet Sick Youth , Robert Herrick
- 77. To Music, To Becalm His Fever , Robert Herrick
- 78. The Times When You Would Rather Not Hear.. , celine charcoal
- 79. To Music: A Song , Robert Herrick
- 80. Its The Music , Alex Ryan
- 81. Life's Music , Margaret Roe
- 82. Music In An Empty House , Hugh Sykes Davies
- 83. Because, Music Is My Eternal Life....... , Ravi Sathasivam
- 84. To Music , Robert Herrick
- 85. Reed Music , Frederick Kesner
- 86. Music , Charles Harpur
- 87. Music , Stephen Vincent Benet
- 88. Orpheus Magic Poetic Music , Theodora (Theo) Onken
- 89. Music And Dance, And The Stuff In The Mi.. , DAVID GERARDINO
- 90. Sonnet- Music Can Heal , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 91. Wrong Music , David Kowalczyk
- 92. As The Music Plays , Carissa Thiessen
- 93. Sweet Music , Carla Ruth Finke
- 94. Music , Nora Loch
- 95. Let Music Embrace , Allyson Gordon
- 96. Music Of Love , David Harris
- 97. Music Isn'T Just Music , Samanda Sweet
- 98. Come Listen To The Music , Alice Lorraine Hill
- 99. Music 2 - Sopanam - The Soulful Music , Dr. Geeta Radhakrishna Menon
- 100. ! ! Is Music Mute The Poem's Ripened Fru.. , Michael Shepherd
New Music Poems
- Music, Oh The Music, Daniel Brick
- Music, Aphelele Tengile
- My Music, Laura arwen
- If You Cut A Tree; You Cut Your Own Moth.., Nikhil Parekh
- Life = Death - Volume 2 - Poems On Life,.., Nikhil Parekh
- When The Rythem Of Music Changes, Even D.., Preston Mwiinga
- Music: The Food For Life, Nikhil Parekh
- Music For Me, Diane Catherine Kordas
- Music: A Divine Art, Thilliar Varnakulasingham
- To Feel The Music Is Like Feeling The To.., Raymond Sawyer
- carpe diem