Nature Poems - Poems For Nature - The Worship Of Nature - Poem by John Greenleaf Whittier | Poem Hunter
Poems about nature. You can read the best nature poems. Browse through all nature poems.
The Worship Of Nature - Poem by John Greenleaf Whittier
The harp at Nature's advent strung
Has never ceased to play;
The song the stars of morning sung
Has never died away.
And prayer is made, and praise is given,
By all things near and far;
The ocean looketh up to heaven,
And mirrors every star.
Its waves are kneeling on the strand,
As kneels the human knee,
Their white locks bowing to the sand,
The priesthood of the sea!
They pour their glittering treasures forth,
Their gifts of pearl they bring,
And all the listening hills of earth
Take up the song they sing.
The green earth sends its incense up
From many a mountain shrine;
From folded leaf and dewy cup
She pours her sacred wine.
The mists above the morning rills
Rise white as wings of prayer;
The altar-curtains of the hills
Are sunset's purple air.
The winds with hymns of praise are loud,
Or low with sobs of pain, --
The thunder-organ of the cloud,
The dropping tears of rain.
With drooping head and branches crossed
The twilight forest grieves,
Or speaks with tongues of Pentecost
From all its sunlit leaves.
The blue sky is the temple's arch,
Its transept earth and air,
The music of its starry march
The chorus of a prayer.
So Nature keeps the reverent frame
With which her years began,
And all her signs and voices shame
The prayerless heart of man.
Comments about The Worship Of Nature by John Greenleaf Whittier
Poems About Nature
- 1. "Nature" Is What We See , Emily Dickinson
- 2. All Nature Has A Feeling , John Clare
- 3. Calm Is All Nature As A Resting Wheel , William Wordsworth
- 4. Nature Trail , Benjamin Zephaniah
- 5. Song Of Nature , Ralph Waldo Emerson
- 6. Nature , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 7. Amends To Nature , Arthur Symons
- 8. Nature , kerri king
- 9. Patience Taught By Nature , Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- 10. Nature Is What You Dont See , john tiong chunghoo
- 11. Nature , celine charcoal
- 12. Nature That Washed Her Hands In Milk , Sir Walter Raleigh
- 13. God's Gift - Nature........... , Ravi Sathasivam
- 14. To Nature , Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 15. Universal Motion (Nature Nature Nature) , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 16. In Thy Nature , STEPHANIE MCGRATH
- 17. The Gladness Of Nature , William Cullen Bryant
- 18. What Being In Rank-Old Nature , Gerard Manley Hopkins
- 19. A Touch Of Nature , Thomas Bailey Aldrich
- 20. The Interpretation Of Nature And , Sir Francis Bacon
- 21. Nature , George Herbert
- 22. Mother Nature , Sylvia Chidi
- 23. Nature Is What We See— , Emily Dickinson
- 24. Nature The Gentlest Mother Is , Emily Dickinson
- 25. A Cynical Nature , David DeSantis
- 26. Nature , Jones Very
- 27. Art Above Nature: To Julia , Robert Herrick
- 28. The Sounds Of Nature , Cecelia Weir
- 29. ' All Nature Praises God' , Carmela Patterson
- 30. Sonnet: Don’t Blame Nature , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 31. (034) Nature , Risha Ahmed (12 yrs)
- 32. Nature, The Gentlest Mother, , Emily Dickinson
- 33. Of Man By Nature , John Bunyan
- 34. The Worship Of Nature , John Greenleaf Whittier
- 35. Flare Baby Flare (Nature Nature Nature .. , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 36. The Circle Of Nature , Friedrich Schiller
- 37. 0420 Trust Nature , Michael Shepherd
- 38. Nature Rarer Uses Yellow , Emily Dickinson
- 39. (81) Nature Boy , David S Dennis
- 40. The Golden Gift That Nature Did Thee Give , Henry Howard
- 41. My Gift From Mother Nature On Mothers Day , Mary Nagy
- 42. The Nature Of Things , Linda Ori
- 43. Let Us Go Gentle With The Nature , Frederick Kambemba Yamusangie
- 44. Supernova (A Star Is Born) (Natur.. , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 45. Book Iii - Part 02 - Nature And Composit.. , Lucretius
- 46. (d) 5 (Nature) The Wind Is Trying To T.. , Renu Rakheja a.k.a Tranquil ..
- 47. Modern Love Xxxv: It Is No Vulgar Nature , George Meredith
- 48. Sonnet Xxv: O Why Should Nature , Michael Drayton
- 49. (d) 8 (Nature) Eagle Eyes , Renu Rakheja a.k.a Tranquil ..
- 50. Nature At Ease , .Pd. is here
New Nature Poems
- To Some Degree, I Admire All The Spiritu.., Joshua Aaron Guillory
- Indeed Reflection Of Almighty Is Nature!, Ramesh T A
- Understanding (Upright-Ones In Birthplac.., Simpa omoluabi
- Mighty Nature, Abhinav Garg
- Mmgl Annex Ii (29-4) - (A-3(1) Special.., Rajaram Ramachandran
- The Nature, Laura arwen
- Mmgl Annexure Ii (29-3) (B-4) Non-Exis.., Rajaram Ramachandran
- Fairyland: The Final Ending, Thor Fabian Pettersen
- If You Cut A Tree; You Cut Your Own Moth.., Nikhil Parekh
- Monoku- -207 (Rule), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- carpe diem