Retirement Poems - Poems For Retirement - Calling Lucasta From Her Retirement. Ode - Poem by Richard Lovelace | Poem Hunter
Poems about retirement. You can read the best retirement poems. Browse through all retirement poems.
Calling Lucasta From Her Retirement. Ode - Poem by Richard Lovelace
From the dire monument of thy black roome,
Wher now that vestal flame thou dost intombe,
As in the inmost cell of all earths wombe.
Sacred Lucasta, like the pow'rfull ray
Of heavenly truth, passe this Cimmerian way,
Whilst all the standards of your beames display.
Arise and climbe our whitest, highest hill;
There your sad thoughts with joy and wonder fill,
And see seas calme as earth, earth as your will.
Behold! how lightning like a taper flyes,
And guilds your chari't, but ashamed dyes,
Seeing it selfe out-gloried by your eyes.
Threatning and boystrous tempests gently bow,
And to your steps part in soft paths, when now
There no where hangs a cloud, but on your brow.
No showrs but 'twixt your lids, nor gelid snow,
But what your whiter, chaster brest doth ow,
Whilst winds in chains colder for sorrow blow.
Shrill trumpets doe only sound to eate,
Artillery hath loaden ev'ry dish with meate,
And drums at ev'ry health alarmes beate.
All things Lucasta, but Lucasta, call,
Trees borrow tongues, waters in accents fall,
The aire doth sing, and fire is musicall.
Awake from the dead vault in which you dwell,
All's loyall here, except your thoughts rebell
Which, so let loose, often their gen'rall quell.
See! she obeys! By all obeyed thus,
No storms, heats, colds, no soules contentious,
Nor civill war is found; I meane, to us.
Lovers and angels, though in heav'n they show,
And see the woes and discords here below,
What they not feele, must not be said to know.
Comments about Calling Lucasta From Her Retirement. Ode by Richard Lovelace
Poems About Retirement
- 1. *retirement Plans , Ted Sheridan
- 2. Retirement , Anne Brontë
- 3. Retirement , Henry Vaughan
- 4. On Retirement , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 5. Reflections On Having Left A Place Of Re.. , Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6. Retirement , Henry Timrod
- 7. Retirement? , Daniel Lloyd Kennedy
- 8. Retirement , Theresa Ann Moore
- 9. Calling Lucasta From Her Retirement. Ode , Richard Lovelace
- 10. Upon The Priory Grove, His Usual Retirem.. , Henry Vaughan
- 11. Retirement Rendezvous , Sylvia Chidi
- 12. Retirement , Mahfooz Ali
- 13. 0143 Coming To A Retirement Home Near Yo.. , Michael Shepherd
- 14. Olney Hymn 46: Retirement , William Cowper
- 15. Elegy I. He Arrives At His Retirement In.. , William Shenstone
- 16. # Retirement # , Marvin Brato Sr
- 17. To My Father (Upon His Retirement) , Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson
- 18. Varied Visions Of Retirement , Juanita Farrar
- 19. Retirement , William Cowper
- 20. The Retirement Of Mars , Leon Gellert
- 21. Retirement , Hasmukh Amathalal
- 22. Retirement? , Kate Beamish
- 23. Retirement Life , Sirpheno The Knight
- 24. Retirement , Toshie Nohara
- 25. The Spoils Of Retirement , David Kush
- 26. Retirement , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 27. On Retirement , Joan Sacre
- 28. Retirement , mark nwagwu
- 29. Retirement , James Beattie
- 30. Retirement , Akhtar Jawad
- 31. Retirement , AHO Speaks
- 32. Still Boring, After Alllll These Years ... , Bri Edwards
- 33. Retirement , ramesh rai
- 34. Retirement Eulogy , Charles WOO
- 35. Retirement , Stanley Cooper
- 36. Thoughts Of Retirement , David Taylor
- 37. 'My Retirement Years' (For Everyone Over.. , Linda Winchell
- 38. Elegy Xxi. Taking A View Of The Country .. , William Shenstone
- 39. While My Wife Is In Japan....Again........ , Bri Edwards
- 40. Death Is Better Than Retirement. , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 41. Retirement Plans Pt.2 If The Cost Of Gas.. , Ted Sheridan
- 42. Peter's Pumpkin Eaters ..... [eating; P.. , Bri Edwards
- 43. Retirement , Ray Lucero
- 44. Retirement Dreams , john tiong chunghoo
- 45. Retirement , C.R. Ebowski
- 46. Retirement , C R Clark
- 47. On The Retirement Of Ian Thorpe , Francis Duggan
- 48. What A Nice Life I Have....[personal; Re.. , Bri Edwards
- 49. The School Year Is An Engine Or A Teache.. , Glen Kappy
- 50. Sonnet: Is Retirement, A Boon? , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
New Retirement Poems
- I Remember That Farewell Night, Aniruddha Pathak
- The Dying Beggar (Refrain Stanza Sequence), Gert Strydom
- Just Look At Ge, Edwin Tanguma
- On The Verge Of Retirement Get Back To W.., Joshua Aaron Guillory
- Shape Of The Day Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Harry Potter Senryu (Comic Haiku), Chenou Liu
- My Old Lady Laptop Computer, Roxanne Dubarry
- Secret, Jared Carter
- I grow, Ulf Karl Olov Nilsson
- Aging In A New Place, Donal Mahoney
- carpe diem