Sad Poems - Poems For Sad - Phantasmagoria Canto Vii ( Sad Souvenaunce )
Poems about sad. You can read the best sad poems. Browse through all sad poems.
Phantasmagoria Canto Vii ( Sad Souvenaunce ) - Poem by Lewis Carroll
"WHAT'S this?" I pondered. "Have I slept?
Or can I have been drinking?"
But soon a gentler feeling crept
Upon me, and I sat and wept
An hour or so, like winking.
"No need for Bones to hurry so!"
I sobbed. "In fact, I doubt
If it was worth his while to go -
And who is Tibbs, I'd like to know,
To make such work about?
"If Tibbs is anything like me,
It's POSSIBLE," I said,
"He won't be over-pleased to be
Dropped in upon at half-past three,
After he's snug in bed.
"And if Bones plagues him anyhow -
Squeaking and all the rest of it,
As he was doing here just now -
I prophesy there'll be a row,
And Tibbs will have the best of it!"
Then, as my tears could never bring
The friendly Phantom back,
It seemed to me the proper thing
To mix another glass, and sing
The following Coronach.
'AND ART THOU GONE, BELOVED GHOST?
BEST OF FAMILIARS!
NAY THEN, FAREWELL, MY DUCKLING ROAST,
FAREWELL, FAREWELL, MY TEA AND TOAST,
MY MEERSCHAUM AND CIGARS!
THE HUES OF LIFE ARE DULL AND GRAY,
THE SWEETS OF LIFE INSIPID,
WHEN thou, MY CHARMER, ART AWAY -
OLD BRICK, OR RATHER, LET ME SAY,
Instead of singing Verse the Third,
I ceased - abruptly, rather:
But, after such a splendid word
I felt that it would be absurd
To try it any farther.
So with a yawn I went my way
To seek the welcome downy,
And slept, and dreamed till break of day
Of Poltergeist and Fetch and Fay
And Leprechaun and Brownie!
For year I've not been visited
By any kind of Sprite;
Yet still they echo in my head,
Those parting words, so kindly said,
"Old Turnip-top, good-night!"
Comments about Phantasmagoria Canto Vii ( Sad Souvenaunce ) by Lewis Carroll
Poems About Sad
- 1. A Sad Child , Margaret Atwood
- 2. A Fairly Sad Tale , Dorothy Parker
- 3. ‘and Ask Ye Why These Sad Tears Stream?’ , Alfred Lord Tennyson
- 4. The Sad Mother , Gabriela Mistral
- 5. Be Not Sad , James Joyce
- 6. Sad In Blue (A Lyric) , Peter S. Quinn
- 7. A Sad State Of Freedom , Nazim Hikmet
- 8. To A Sad Daughter , Michael Ondaatje
- 9. Sad , Cristina Geanta
- 10. For A Sad Lady , Dorothy Parker
- 11. Sad-Eyed And Soft And Grey , William Morris
- 12. In My Own Shire, If I Was Sad , Alfred Edward Housman
- 13. My Sad Captains , Thom Gunn
- 14. Baseball's Sad Lexicon , Franklin Pierce Adams
- 15. With How Sad Steps, O Moon, Thou Climb's.. , William Wordsworth
- 16. Close Those Sad Sad Eyes , Beautiful Grim
- 17. To The Sad Moon , Sir Philip Sidney
- 18. Sad Is Stupid , Alison Cassidy
- 19. Sit Down, Sad Soul , Barry Cornwall
- 20. Sad Green Eyes , Linda Ori
- 21. The Journey Of A Poem Compared To All Th.. , Delmore Schwartz
- 22. Weep You No More, Sad Fountains , Anonymous Olde English
- 23. Phantasmagoria Canto Vii ( Sad Souvenaun.. , Lewis Carroll
- 24. Peacock Story 8 - A Sad Poem , Alison Cassidy
- 25. The Bad Season Makes The Poet Sad , Robert Herrick
- 26. The Lacking Sense Scene.--A Sad-Coloured.. , Thomas Hardy
- 27. Sonnet Xxxi: With How Sad Steps, O Moon , Sir Philip Sidney
- 28. Sad Sad Day , Laura Green
- 29. Bored And Sad , Mikhail Yuryevich Lermontov
- 30. To A Sad Girl , Uriah Hamilton
- 31. ! To A God-Daughter On Her Sad Poem , Michael Shepherd
- 32. Sad Song , Rahel Bluwstein
- 33. I Sing A Sad Song , Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- 34. Sonnet Iii: With How Sad Steps , Sir Philip Sidney
- 35. .sad Girl , YURI DURAAN
- 36. Sad Cypress , koyel mitra
- 37. Sonnet: Languid, And Sad, And Slow, From.. , William Lisle Bowles
- 38. The Sad Day , Thomas Flatman
- 39. The Sad Shepherd , William Butler Yeats
- 40. Happy & Sad , Sumita Datta
- 41. Sad , Sylvia Chidi
- 42. ’tis A Sad, Mad World! , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 43. Sad And Lonely , Taher Shemaly
- 44. A Sad Sad Story , Joyce Hemsley
- 45. The Sad Bastards Club , Francesca Johnson
- 46. Sad Eyes , Mariana Zita
- 47. ! The Sad Story Of Happiness , Michael Shepherd
- 48. ! ! A Sad Tale Of Consumerism , Michael Shepherd
- 49. Languid, And Sad, And Slow, From Day To .. , William Lisle Bowles
- 50. Mad And Sad , Samantha Guinen
New Sad Poems
- It Was Sad When The Headframe Came Down….., Moira Cameron
- Sad Whale, Emily 1 Krauss
- The Song Plays On, Oduro Bright Amoh
- When One Is Sad Thus One Should Wish For.., Raymond Sawyer
- The Clown, gordon nosworthy
- Sadness And Its Tools, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Seasonal Affective Disorder, Mark Heathcote
- Sahar's Sadness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ballad Of All Sad Men, Juwon Daniel
- A Choice Made, EZEKIEL HARUNA DANBAKI
- carpe diem