Soldier Poems - Poems For Soldier - Dirge For A Soldier
Poems about soldier. You can read the best soldier poems. Browse through all soldier poems.
Dirge For A Soldier - Poem by Paul Laurence Dunbar
In the east the morning comes,
Hear the rollin' of the drums
On the hill.
But the heart that beat as they beat
In the battle's raging day heat
Unto him the night has come,
Though they roll the morning drum.
What is in the bugle's blast?
It is: 'Victory at last!
Now for rest.'
But, my comrades, come behold him,
Where our colors now enfold him,
And his breast
Bares no more to meet the blade,
But lies covered in the shade.
What a stir there is to-day!
They are laying him away
Where he fell.
There the flag goes draped before him;
Now they pile the grave sod o'er him
With a knell.
And he answers to his name
In the higher ranks of fame.
There's a woman left to mourn
For the child that she has borne
But her heart beats high and higher,
With the patriot mother's fire,
At the tale.
She has borne and lost a son,
But her work and his are done.
Fling the flag out, let it wave;
They 're returning from the grave--
And the cymbals now are crashing,
Bright his comrades' eyes are flashing
From the thick
Battle-ranks which knew him brave,
No tears for a hero's grave.
In the east the morning comes,
Hear the rattle of the drums
Now no time for grief's pursuing,
Other work is for the doing,
He is sleeping, let him rest
With the flag across his breast.
Comments about Dirge For A Soldier by Paul Laurence Dunbar
Poems About Soldier
- 1. A Soldier , Robert Frost
- 2. 1914 V: The Soldier , Rupert Brooke
- 3. The Soldier , Robert Frost
- 4. Adieu To A Soldier , Walt Whitman
- 5. A Mystic As Soldier , Siegfried Sassoon
- 6. Prayer Of A Soldier In France , Joyce Kilmer
- 7. The Young British Soldier , Rudyard Kipling
- 8. The Fallen Soldier , Branden Hidalgo
- 9. The Soldier Fights , katie
- 10. The Young Soldier , Wilfred Owen
- 11. Unknown Soldier , Alf Hutchison
- 12. Young Soldier , Only Yours
- 13. Soldier An' Sailor Too , Rudyard Kipling
- 14. The Soldier (Memorial Day Memorial Day M.. , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 15. Soldier, Maiden, And Flower , Eugene Field
- 16. Soldier, Soldier , Rudyard Kipling
- 17. God And The Soldier , Anonymous
- 18. God And The Soldier , Anonymous Americas
- 19. The Dumb Soldier , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 20. The Soldier , Gerard Manley Hopkins
- 21. A Tale From A Union Soldier , Jeff Fleischer
- 22. The Death Of A Soldier , Wallace Stevens
- 23. ! Soldier Vs Terrorists! , Rema Prasanaa
- 24. Soldier, Rest! Thy Warfare O'Er, , Sir Walter Scott
- 25. Soldier , Alf Hutchison
- 26. The Soldier , katie
- 27. Just A Soldier , Eleanor ...
- 28. Hello, Soldier! , Edward George Dyson
- 29. Any Soldier To His Son , Anonymous English
- 30. The Soldier , John Clare
- 31. Soldier Freddy , Spike Milligan
- 32. A Soldier , Summer Sandercox
- 33. Soldier: Twentieth Century , Isaac Rosenberg
- 34. The Broken Soldier , Katharine Tynan
- 35. Taps For My Soldier , C.J. Heck
- 36. Soldier Going To The War , Richard Le Gallienne
- 37. Dirge For A Soldier , Paul Laurence Dunbar
- 38. A Soldier , Denise Girod
- 39. The Wars And The Unknown Soldier , Conrad Potter Aiken
- 40. A Soldier Home From A War , David Harris
- 41. ! Soldier ! , GAYATRI NAMBIAR
- 42. A Soldier To America. , JOSE MURGUIA
- 43. The Return Of The Soldier , Franklin Pierce Adams
- 44. Welcome Home Soldier , David Barlow
- 45. Oh! He's Nothing But A Soldier , Anonymous Americas
- 46. Soldier, Wake , Sir Walter Scott
- 47. Teacher, Soldier With A Pen , Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- 48. Soldier Boy , Robert William Service
- 49. A Nato Soldier , Sadiqullah Khan
- 50. On A Soldier Fallen In The Philippines , William Vaughn Moody
New Soldier Poems
- Here Come The Soldier, Bigyan Mainali
- Soldier Is God, spandan dash
- When A Soldier Fall In Love, spandan dash
- The Civilian And The Soldier-A Play, Rohan Bendre
- What If (2) The Screamer, Barry Conway
- Two Soldiers-A Play, Rohan Bendre
- November 4,2011, Felix Emeka George
- A Salute To The Indian Soldier, Veer Dhiman
- My Soldier Boy, EBOM TOBE CHURCHILL
- The Soldier of Mictlán, Rigoberto González
- carpe diem