Soldier Poems - Poems For Soldier - Hello, Soldier!
Poems about soldier. You can read the best soldier poems. Browse through all soldier poems.
Hello, Soldier! - Poem by Edward George Dyson
Back again 'n' nothin' missin' barrin'
arf a hand,
Where an Abdul bit me, chokin' in the Holy
'Struth, they got some dirty fighters in the
Bull-nosed slugs their sneakin' snipers spat
ters in yer back
Blows a gapin' sort iv pit in
What a helephant could sit in.
Bounced their bullets, if yeh please,
Like the 'oppers in a cheese,
Off me rubber pelt in droves,
Moppin' up the other coves.
So here's me once more at large in
Bay-street, Port, a bloomin' Sargin'.
“Cri, it jumbo.” “Have a beer.”
“Wot-o, Anzac; you're a dear.”
Back once more on Moley's corner, loafin' like
Back on Bourke, me livin' image, not a
Solid ez the day I started, medals on me
Switchin' with me pert melacca, swankin'
with the best
Where the little wimmen's flowin',
With their veils 'n' ribbons blowin'-
See their eyes of bloo 'n' brown
Butterflyin' 'bout the town!
Back at 'ome-oh, 'struth, it's good!
Long, cold lagers from the wood,
Ev'ry cobber jumpin' at you,
Strangers duckin' in to bat you-
“Good ole Jumbo, how're you?”
“'Ello, soldier, howja do?”
Back at Grillo's where the nigger googs his
Plucks his black ole greasy banjo while the
Fish 'n' chips, a pint iv local, and the tidy
Dancin' glad attendance on yeh 'zif yeh was
Trailin' round the blazin' city,
Feelin' all content 'n' pretty,
Where the smart procession goes,
Prinked 'n' polished to the shows,
One among the happy drive-
'Sworth the world to be alive!
Dames ez smilin' ez a mother,
Ev'ry man ver fav'rit brother:
“'Ello, Jumbo, how is it ?”
“Arr there, soldier! Good 'n' fit?”
Takin' hozone at St. Kilder's good enough
Seein' Summer and the star-blink simmer in
Cantin' up me bloomin' cady, toyin' with a
Blowin' out me pout a little, chattin' wide 'n'
When there's skirt around to skite to.
Say, 'oo has a better right to?
Done me bit 'n' done it well,
Got the tag iv plate to tell;
Square Gallipoli surviver,
With a touch iv Colonel's guyver.
“Sargin' Jumbo, good ole son!”
“Soldier, soldier, you're the one!”
Back again, a wounded hero, moochin' up 'n'
Feelin' 'sthough I'd got a fond arf-Nelson on
Never was so gay, so 'elp me, never felt so
Fresh from 'ell a paradise ain't very hard to
After filth, 'n' flies, 'n' slaughter
Fat brown babies in the water,
Singin' people on the sand
Makes a boshter Happy Land!
War what toughened hone 'n' hide
Turned a feller soft inside!
Great it is, the 'earty greetin's,
Friendly digs, 'n' cheerful meetin's
“'Ello, Jumbo, howja do?”
“Soldier, soldier, how're you?”
Comments about Hello, Soldier! by Edward George Dyson
Poems About Soldier
- 1. A Soldier , Robert Frost
- 2. 1914 V: The Soldier , Rupert Brooke
- 3. The Soldier , Robert Frost
- 4. A Mystic As Soldier , Siegfried Sassoon
- 5. Adieu To A Soldier , Walt Whitman
- 6. The Young British Soldier , Rudyard Kipling
- 7. The Soldier Fights , katie
- 8. Prayer Of A Soldier In France , Joyce Kilmer
- 9. The Fallen Soldier , Branden Hidalgo
- 10. The Young Soldier , Wilfred Owen
- 11. Soldier An' Sailor Too , Rudyard Kipling
- 12. Unknown Soldier , Alf Hutchison
- 13. Young Soldier , Only Yours
- 14. The Soldier (Memorial Day Memorial Day M.. , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 15. Soldier, Soldier , Rudyard Kipling
- 16. God And The Soldier , Anonymous
- 17. Soldier, Maiden, And Flower , Eugene Field
- 18. God And The Soldier , Anonymous Americas
- 19. The Dumb Soldier , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 20. The Soldier , Gerard Manley Hopkins
- 21. A Tale From A Union Soldier , Jeff Fleischer
- 22. The Death Of A Soldier , Wallace Stevens
- 23. The Soldier , katie
- 24. ! Soldier Vs Terrorists! , Rema Prasanaa
- 25. Soldier, Rest! Thy Warfare O'Er, , Sir Walter Scott
- 26. Soldier , Alf Hutchison
- 27. Soldier Freddy , Spike Milligan
- 28. Just A Soldier , Eleanor ...
- 29. Hello, Soldier! , Edward George Dyson
- 30. The Soldier , John Clare
- 31. A Soldier , Summer Sandercox
- 32. Soldier: Twentieth Century , Isaac Rosenberg
- 33. The Broken Soldier , Katharine Tynan
- 34. Any Soldier To His Son , Anonymous English
- 35. The Wars And The Unknown Soldier , Conrad Potter Aiken
- 36. Taps For My Soldier , C.J. Heck
- 37. Dirge For A Soldier , Paul Laurence Dunbar
- 38. A Soldier , Denise Girod
- 39. A Soldier Home From A War , David Harris
- 40. Soldier, Wake , Sir Walter Scott
- 41. ! Soldier ! , GAYATRI NAMBIAR
- 42. A Soldier To America. , JOSE MURGUIA
- 43. The Return Of The Soldier , Franklin Pierce Adams
- 44. Welcome Home Soldier , David Barlow
- 45. Soldier Going To The War , Richard Le Gallienne
- 46. Oh! He's Nothing But A Soldier , Anonymous Americas
- 47. Teacher, Soldier With A Pen , Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- 48. Soldier Boy , Robert William Service
- 49. A Nato Soldier , Sadiqullah Khan
- 50. On A Soldier Fallen In The Philippines , William Vaughn Moody
New Soldier Poems
- Here Come The Soldier, Bigyan Mainali
- Soldier Is God, spandan dash
- When A Soldier Fall In Love, spandan dash
- The Civilian And The Soldier-A Play, Rohan Bendre
- What If (2) The Screamer, Barry Conway
- Two Soldiers-A Play, Rohan Bendre
- November 4,2011, Felix Emeka George
- A Salute To The Indian Soldier, Veer Dhiman
- My Soldier Boy, EBOM TOBE CHURCHILL
- The Soldier of Mictlán, Rigoberto González
- carpe diem