Summer Poems - Poems For Summer - I See The Boys Of Summer
Poems about summer. You can read the best summer poems. Browse through all summer poems.
I See The Boys Of Summer - Poem by Dylan Thomas
I see the boys of summer in their ruin
Lay the gold tithings barren,
Setting no store by harvest, freeze the soils;
Theire in their heat the winter floods
Of frozen loves they fetch their girls,
And drown the cargoed apples in their tides.
These boys of light are curdlers in their folly,
Sour the boiling honey;
The jacks of frost they finger in the hives;
There in the sun the frigid threads
Of doubt and dark they feed their nerves;
The signal moon is zero in their voids.
I see the summer children in their mothers
Split up the brawned womb's weathers,
Divide the night and day with fairy thumbs;
There in the deep with quartered shades
Of sun and moon they paint their dams
As sunlight paints the shelling of their heads.
I see that from these boys shall men of nothing
Stature by seedy shifting,
Or lame the air with leaping from its hearts;
There from their hearts the dogdayed pulse
Of love and light bursts in their throats.
O see the pulse of summer in the ice.
But seasons must be challenged or they totter
Into a chiming quarter
Where, punctual as death, we ring the stars;
There, in his night, the black-tongued bells
The sleepy man of winter pulls,
Nor blows back moon-and-midnight as she blows.
We are the dark deniers, let us summon
Death from a summer woman,
A muscling life from lovers in their cramp,
From the fair dead who flush the sea
The bright-eyed worm on Davy's lamp,
And from the planted womb the man of straw.
We summer boys in this four-winded spinning,
Green of the seaweed's iron,
Hold up the noisy sea and drop her birds,
Pick the world's ball of wave and froth
To choke the deserts with her tides,
And comb the county gardens for a wreath.
In spring we cross our foreheads with the holly,
Heigh ho the blood and berry,
And nail the merry squires to the trees;
Here love's damp muscle dries and dies,
Here break a kiss in no love's quarry.
O see the poles of promise in the boys.
I see the boys of summer in their ruin.
Man in his maggot's barren.
And boys are full and foreign in the pouch.
I am the man your father was.
We are the sons of flint and pitch.
O see the poles are kissing as they cross.
Comments about I See The Boys Of Summer by Dylan Thomas
Poems About Summer
- 1. Summer Sun , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 2. Before Summer Rain , Rainer Maria Rilke
- 3. Summer In The South , Paul Laurence Dunbar
- 4. In The Summer , Nizar Qabbani
- 5. Summer , John Clare
- 6. Written On A Summer Evening , John Keats
- 7. The Summer Rain , Henry David Thoreau
- 8. Summer , Alexander Pope
- 9. A Summer Afternoon , James Whitcomb Riley
- 10. A Summer Day , Lucy Maud Montgomery
- 11. Indian Summer , Dorothy Parker
- 12. To Summer , William Blake
- 13. A Summer Evening Churchyard, Lechlade, G.. , Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 14. Exhortation: Summer 1919 , Claude McKay
- 15. I Know I Am But Summer To Your Heart , Edna St. Vincent Millay
- 16. Summer Shower , Emily Dickinson
- 17. Between The Dusk Of A Summer Night , William Ernest Henley
- 18. Summer Stars , Carl Sandburg
- 19. I See The Boys Of Summer , Dylan Thomas
- 20. Bed In Summer , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 21. Skeletons Of Summer , Ernestine Northover
- 22. Seasonal Cycle - Chapter 01 - Summer , Kalidasa
- 23. Summer Dawn , Spike Milligan
- 24. Summer Wind , William Cullen Bryant
- 25. Portrait Number Five: Against A New York.. , Jack Gilbert
- 26. A Night-Rain In Summer , James Henry Leigh Hunt
- 27. Tis The Last Rose Of Summer , Thomas Moore
- 28. Farm Boy After Summer , Robert Francis
- 29. Rain In Summer , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 30. Indian Summer , Henry Van Dyke
- 31. Summer Holiday , Robinson Jeffers
- 32. An Indian Summer Day On The Prairie , Vachel Lindsay
- 33. Summer Night, Riverside , Sara Teasdale
- 34. Summer Morn In New Hampshire , Claude McKay
- 35. As Sleigh Bells Seem In Summer , Emily Dickinson
- 36. Summer In The Mountains , Li Po
- 37. Summer For Thee, Grant I May Be , Emily Dickinson
- 38. Summer Images , John Clare
- 39. Once Upon A Summer Day , Joseph T. Renaldi
- 40. Indian Summer , Sara Teasdale
- 41. It Can'T Be "Summer"! , Emily Dickinson
- 42. Visiting A Dead Man On A Summer Day , Marge Piercy
- 43. On The Idle Hill Of Summer , Alfred Edward Housman
- 44. Summer Evening , John Clare
- 45. Moonlight, Summer Moonlight , Emily Jane Brontë
- 46. Summer In The Country , Charles Simic
- 47. Further In Summer Than The Birds , Emily Dickinson
- 48. Summer Song , George Barker
- 49. 'Tis Moonlight, Summer Moonlight , Emily Jane Brontë
- 50. The Summer Sun Shone Round Me , Robert Louis Stevenson
New Summer Poems
- Summer, Sunday Igwebuike
- Monoku-58 ( Love Is Coloured In Spring), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Nero, Shuntaro Tanikawa
- Cheated Outta Summer, LeFay Beechnut
- Longing, Pranesh Patil
- Summer's Ending, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Summer Night For The Star To Touch One W.., Raymond Sawyer
- Summer Night For The Stars Of Respect., Raymond Sawyer
- Summer Moon, Michael P. McParland
- Summer Sweet Summer Thus The Family Will.., Raymond Sawyer
- carpe diem