Tiger Poems - Poems For Tiger - Granny Discovers Another Tiger - Poem by Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis | Poem Hunter
Poems about tiger. You can read the best tiger poems. Browse through all tiger poems.
Granny Discovers Another Tiger - Poem by Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
That's him!! The authentic, identical beast!
The Unionist tiger, full brother to 'Sosh'!
I know by the prowl of him.
Hark to the growl of him,
While all the people ejaculate 'Gosh!
Just look at him glarin' an' starin', by thunder!
Now each for himself and the weakest goes under.'
Beware this injurious, furious brute;
He's ready to rend you with tooth and with claw.
Though 'tis incredible,
Disappears suddenly into his maw;
Into his cavernous inner interior
Vanishes ev'rything strictly superior.
My dears, I've autoptical, optical proof
That he's prowling and growling at large in the land.
Hear his pestiferous
Urging to war his belligerent band!
Talk about Circe and - who's this - Ulysses!
Never was monster so monstrous as this is.
I've watched this abdomenous, omnious shape
Abroad in the land while the nation has slept,
Marked his satanical
Rigorous, vigorous vigil I kept.
He has wicked designs on all right-thinking people!
Proclaim it aloud from the housetop and steeple!
He lays his corrodible, odible plans
While cutely disguising his ultimate claims.
Into your auricle
He will declaim with ulterior aims.
And if as a foe he should happen to spot us,
One gulp - and his great epiglottis has got us!
The tremulous, emulous workers he snares
By most reprehensible, tensible schemes.
Are his designs to encourage their dreams.
But watch, when they're under his dominant digit,
His finical, cynical smile as they fidget.
The shockingly punitive, unitive means
He uses to battle with enterprise private
Lord only knows what at last he'll arrive at!
And when he has swallowed the whole of the nation
He'll probably start on self-assimilation.
He scoffs at convenient, lenient laws
He'd scoff every toff in the House known as Upper
If he'd a precedent;
In the best suburb would serve him for supper.
Good gravious, voracious is hardly the name for it!
Yet we have only our blindness to blame for it.
For mark, his insidious, hideous creed
He propagates even 'mid grocers and drapers,
And they give ear to it,
Bow, and adhere to it,
'Spite all the capers of well-informed papers.
For e'en with the aid of an lens omphaloptic
They can't see the glare in his obdurate optic.
Then 'ware this obstreperous, leperous beast!
A treacherous wretch, for I know him of old.
I'm on th etrack of him,
Close at the back of him,
Tight on his tail I have taken a hold.
And if I gave over my earnest endeavor,
The nation were lodged in his larynx for ever.
It's him!! The authentic, identical beast!
I know him 'The Unionist,' brother to 'Sosh'!
See how I'm holding him,
Nagging and scolding him,
While he is yearning his betters to squash;
Yearning and burning to snare the superior
Into his roomy and gloomy interior
Comments about Granny Discovers Another Tiger by Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
Poems About Tiger
- 1. A Dying Tiger&Mdash;Moaned For Drink , Emily Dickinson
- 2. The Tiger , Hilaire Belloc
- 3. *royal Bengal Tiger , sarwar chowdhury
- 4. Tiger--Tiger! , Rudyard Kipling
- 5. Elegy Upon Tiger , Jonathan Swift
- 6. Tiger , Ernestine Northover
- 7. * The Dead Tiger , Satish Verma
- 8. The Tale Of The Tiger-Tree , Vachel Lindsay
- 9. (310) Our Cat (Tiger) , Melvina Germain
- 10. Twarted Tiger. , Liz Munro
- 11. The Celtic Tiger , Dennis O'Driscoll
- 12. The Tiger By William Blake , Nick Ryan
- 13. Eye Of The Tiger , John F. McCullagh
- 14. A Tiger , Mr. Bean
- 15. Granny Discovers Another Tiger , Clarence Michael James Stani ..
- 16. Tiger And Deer , Sayeed Abubakar
- 17. Is There A Tiger In The Woods? Or 7 And.. , Joe Rosochacki
- 18. Tipu Sultan -Tiger Of Mysore. , RAVIKIRAN ARAKKAL
- 19. Oddyssey-The Bengal Tiger , Loke Kok yee
- 20. Love Is A Tiger In The Night , Ken e Hall
- 21. Tiger - Cinquain , Muzahidul Reza
- 22. Thank You, America. You Are A Fearless T.. , Veeraiyah Subbulakshmi
- 23. Tiger, Tiger , Hasmukh Amathalal
- 24. Lion Vs Tiger , Rini Shibu
- 25. The Tiger , Hasmukh Amathalal
- 26. Tiger Haiku , I Am Rebel
- 27. Save The Tiger , Mamta Agarwal
- 28. International Tiger Day:Let Tigers Nurse.. , Aniruddha Pathak
- 29. A Tiger , Alice Miller
- 30. Tiger Moth , Alison Cassidy
- 31. A Tiger Of Zoo , Rahman Henry
- 32. Prayer-Tiger-1 , Loke Kok yee
- 33. Tiger, Tiger , Mark Eyre
- 34. A Cat Called Tiger , john tiong chunghoo
- 35. Little Tiger , Howard Phillips Lovecraft
- 36. Tiger, Tiger, Feel No Ill , Aniruddha Pathak
- 37. Square Poems 13: Tiger Acrostic , Kim Barney
- 38. Sleeping Tiger , James McLain
- 39. A Tiger From Woods , Dr Hitesh Sheth
- 40. 'Tiger Woods' His Eagle Has Landed Due T.. , Luke Easter
- 41. Tiger In A Cage , Russel Tanner
- 42. The Royal Bengal Tiger , Asif Andalib
- 43. Boysiimen, Tiger, Buddha And Nazarean-Is.. , Joe Rosochacki
- 44. The Tiger , Irene C S ClarkHogg
- 45. A Save Tiger , Hasmukh Amathalal
- 46. Tiger (Acrostic) , Muzahidul Reza
- 47. Truth Is The Tiger , Dillip K Swain
- 48. Tiger Lily , Barry Middleton
- 49. From Tigerlet To Tiger , Jenny Kalahar
- 50. Fierce Tiger: Gita-Govinda , Harekrishna Meher
New Tiger Poems
- Justice To The Tigress-A Play, Rohan Bendre
- Hungry Tiger Wisdom, Ramona Thompson
- Tiger Tiger Tiger, Gajanan Mishra
- TIGER SKINS (LAT NJY), Aku Wuwu
- Tiger, Tiger!, Dominic Windram
- A Hunter Nearly Hunted, Tulsi Shrestha
- Tiger Cultivation, Kanishka SricharanPratap
- MODEL, Giampiero Neri
- The Chinese Zodiac, Grace Leigh
- A Tribute To Tiger Mom By Rain Chan, Sharron Meaker
- carpe diem