Warning Poems - Poems For Warning
Poems about warning. You can read the best warning poems. Browse through all warning poems.
Warning - Poem by Jenny Joseph
When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.
You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.
But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.
Comments about Warning by Jenny Joseph
Poems About Warning
- 1. Warning , Jenny Joseph
- 2. A Warning To My Readers , Wendell Berry
- 3. Without Warning , Sappho
- 4. Slaughter Of The Innocent (Warning War.. , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 5. Warning , Shel Silverstein
- 6. Warning To Children , Robert Graves
- 7. A Warning: To Aurelius , Gaius Valerius Catullus
- 8. A Warning To Dissidents , Leo Yankevich
- 9. But Listen, I Am Warning You , Anna Akhmatova
- 10. The Warning , Robert Creeley
- 11. Warning , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 12. ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' .. , Dónall Dempsey
- 13. My Soul Sacrifice (For A Child) ***wa.. , Lee Degnan
- 14. Warning , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 15. The Time Of Shoddy (Warning Warning Wa.. , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 16. Sublime Was The Warning , Thomas Moore
- 17. Fore-Warning , Robert William Service
- 18. The Surgeon's Warning , Robert Southey
- 19. Lochiel's Warning , Thomas Campbell
- 20. Little Ballads Of Timely Warning; Ii: , Ellis Parker Butler
- 21. Warning , Langston Hughes
- 22. 'Warning My Poem Are' 2/21/09 , Verlecia fields
- 23. Warning , Frederick William (FW) Harvey
- 24. A Fair Warning , Clarence Michael James Stani ..
- 25. Warning And Reply , Emily Jane Brontë
- 26. It's In The Water! (Warning Warni.. , Udiah (witness to Yah)
- 27. A Warning About Bebabs , Bruce Larkin
- 28. Reply To The Indian Warning , Edgardo Tugade
- 29. Little Ballads Of Timely Warning; Iii: , Ellis Parker Butler
- 30. Depression: Some Advice..... [a Reminde.. , Bri Edwards
- 31. Futile Warning , malini kadir
- 32. A Warning To Ladies , Clarence Michael James Stani ..
- 33. Warning , Sydney Thompson Dobell
- 34. Warning To The Mighty , Adelaide Crapsey
- 35. The Warning. , Adelaide Crapsey
- 36. A Warning , Ambrose Bierce
- 37. Warning! , Geetha Jayakumar
- 38. Haiku.......Space Travel Warning! , Ken e Hall
- 39. Super Bugs ........ [department Of Heal.. , Bri Edwards
- 40. Global Warning , Tom Billsborough
- 41. 'Warning' , HELEN.J WILLIAMS
- 42. The Warning , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 43. A Warning , Not Long Left
- 44. Early Warning , Hasmukh Amathalal
- 45. Time's Warning , Floyd Zimmerman
- 46. Warning Bells , Lucille van OnselenZunckel
- 47. Priorities- A Word Of Warning For Charit.. , Not Long Left
- 48. Warning , Theodora (Theo) Onken
- 49. Pinched Nerve....... [back Problem; Per.. , Bri Edwards
- 50. Warning''s 1 , Theodora (Theo) Onken
New Warning Poems
- The Walk-In Woman, Paul Warren
- Why?, Paul Andrew Bourne
- Neighbours, Charles Mungoshi
- I Died Twice, ADEESO ADEYEMI
- An Early Warning Advice, Bernard F. Asuncion
- Lonely Planet Part Two, shuvo chakraborty
- A Warning Rejected, Qiniso Mogale
- To Watch, Alexander Julian
- Global Warming, Pamela Horowitz
- Astral Projection, Paula Kneeland
- carpe diem