Water Poems - Poems For Water
Poems about water. You can read the best water poems. Browse through all water poems.
1015 Water Water - Everywhere? ? ? - Poem by John Knight
STRUCTURE & FORM IN POETRY. Classical Poetry always has Structure even though it does not always rhyme. The Structure gives it metere and flow which facilitates reading and recitation. In my book - recitability is an essential character of a good Poem! . A lesser know Poetical Structure is RHYME ROYAL which inposes a strict metre (usually imabic pentameter) and a strict rhyming pattern a b a b b c c. Each verse must consist of seven lines. The number of verses is optional! As an Environmental Scientist I am concerned with the Conservation of Water which is the subject of this Rhyme Royal
Whence comes this water that we need for life?
Where does it go when we flush it away?
A shortage in some countries causes strife
Will it run out like coal and oil one day?
For all resources there's a price to pay.
We all use water - like it was for free
Just turn the tap - it's there for you and me.
God touched the clouds and made the rain - from the rain
Formed the sea and from the sea formed the clouds
To rise and cool and give us rain again.
The rain provides the water for the crowds.
When it evaporates it goes back to the clouds.
Each dropp of water makes our lives secure
But every day we're using more and more.
The Planet Earth has water everywhere
Liquid or a solid or a vapour
In oceans - rivers - lakes and in the air
Icecaps or on frozen lakes like paper.
We scrape it off our windscreens with a scraper!
Mountain stream - boiling steam and freezing snow
A lolly ice? Thanks very nice - It is all H 2 O.
The Water Cycle keeps the water going
Round and round - none's lost to outer space
Precipitation - raining - hailing - snowing
Moves the water round from place to place.
Especially when a snowball hits your face.
Streams and rushing rivers keep it all in motion
Then water falls down waterfalls and ends up in the ocean!
Water Water everywhere - for our daily needs
Turn the tap and use the river and the well
Don't pollute - don't dam the spring that feeds
Without 'clean water' life on Earth is Hell!
Clean Water has no taste - no clour and no smell.
Water Water everywhere - please please stop and think
Water Water everywhere - but not one dropp to drink! ! ! ! !
(John Knight - Frozen Colchester - December 2009)
Comments about 1015 Water Water - Everywhere? ? ? by John Knight
Poems About Water
- 51. 1015 Water Water - Everywhere? ? ? , John Knight
- 52. The Refraction Of Water , Dónall Dempsey
- 53. Millions Of Water Drops , Morhardt Carmen Mencita Mono ..
- 54. Feelings: Water-Tight Excuse , Margaret Alice
- 55. Water , Diana Poems
- 56. A Drink Of Water , Marilyn Lott
- 57. Water!--Oh! Water For Me , John Pierpont
- 58. Water Water Turbulent Water , gajanan mishra
- 59. Dreaming: Under Water Volcanos , Amberlee Carter
- 60. Katrina: Stairs On The Water , elysabeth faslund
- 61. Water, Steam And Ice (Couplets) Edited , Debora Short
- 62. Water, Water , Harley White
- 63. Sheding Water Drops , Erin Hanson
- 64. Water , john tiong chunghoo
- 65. Deep Water , Ron Rash
- 66. Skipping Stones Across The Water , David Harris
- 67. Air, Water, Fire , Linda Hepner
- 68. Hot Water , David Harris
- 69. Water , Colin Ian Jeffery
- 70. Footprints In Water , Martin D. Buxbaum
- 71. Water , Bob Blackwell
- 72. Fish Out Of Water , Adryan Rotica
- 73. Under Beautiful Water , Adryan Rotica
- 74. Loading Their Pistols With Holy Water , DAVID GERARDINO
- 75. Water Break , Chuck Audette
- 76. Make Water Flow. , Geoff Warden
- 77. An Angel In The Water , RyuOh Kenshin
- 78. A Drop Of Water In A Glass Of Water , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 79. Water, Water And Water , gajanan mishra
- 80. Gray Light Sparkles Off The Water , J. Measel
- 81. Shallow Water 987 , DAVID GERARDINO
- 82. Water Water The Ganges Water , gajanan mishra
- 83. Water Water , gajanan mishra
- 84. Water Tender , Mary Agnes Dalrymple
- 85. Water Lily I Met At Work , Cretan Maineiac
- 86. Chews On Some Water 2 , DAVID GERARDINO
- 87. Just 22 Miles Of Water , Michael Shepherd
- 88. Blue Water On Cloudless Days , Sonny Rainshine
- 89. Ice On The Water , Bill Simmons
- 90. Haiku - Gathering Water , john tiong chunghoo
- 91. They'Re Chlorinating My Water , Chuck Audette
- 92. Sun Light Hits The Water..... , DAVID GERARDINO
- 93. Water Water Every Where , Ken e Hall
- 94. Water! Water! Water! , Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- 95. Water Lillies , Mamta Agarwal
- 96. My Old Dog Named Puddles That Can'T Hold.. , Ted Sheridan
- 97. Duty Of Water , nimal dunuhinga
- 98. Sieve Trying To Understand Water , Dónall Dempsey
- 99. Drinking Water , Bill Grace
- 100. The White Noise Of Water , Philip Housiaux
New Water Poems
- The Importance Of Water, Orlando Belo
- Water Versatility, John Sensele
- If You Cut A Tree; You Cut Your Own Moth.., Nikhil Parekh
- Hide And Seek - Part 8 - Rhyming & Non R.., Nikhil Parekh
- Hide And Seek - Part 7 - Rhyming & Non R.., Nikhil Parekh
- Hide And Seek - Part 5 - Rhyming & Non R.., Nikhil Parekh
- Hide And Seek - Part 4 - Rhyming & Non R.., Nikhil Parekh
- Hide And Seek - Part 3 - Rhyming & Non R.., Nikhil Parekh
- Hide And Seek - Part 2 - Rhyming & Non R.., Nikhil Parekh
- Hide And Seek - Part 1 - Rhyming & Non R.., Nikhil Parekh
- carpe diem