Wedding Poems - Poems For Wedding - The Wedding Ring
Poems about wedding. You can read the best wedding poems. Browse through all wedding poems.
The Wedding Ring - Poem by Robert William Service
I pawned my sick wife's wedding ring,
To drink and make myself a beast.
I got the most that it would bring,
Of golden coins the very least.
With stealth into her room I crept
And stole it from her as she slept.
I do not think that she will know,
As in its place I left a band
Of brass that has a brighter glow
And gleamed upon her withered hand.
I do not think that she can tell
The change - she does not see too well.
Pray God, she doesn't find me out.
I'd rather far I would be dead.
Yet yesterday she seemed to doubt,
And looking at me long she said:
"My finger must have shrunk, because
My ring seems bigger than it was."
She gazed at it so wistfully,
And one big tear rolled down her cheek.
Said she: "You'll bury it with me . . ."
I was so moved I could not speak.
Oh wretched me! How whisky can
Bring out the devil in a man!"
And yet I know she loves me still,
As on the morn that we were wed;
And darkly guess I also will
Be doomed the day that she is dead.
And yet I swear, before she's gone,
I will retrieve her ring from pawn.
I'll get it though I have to steal,
Then when to ease her bitter pain
They give her sleep oh I will feel
Her hand and slip it on again;
Through tears her wasted face I'll see,
And pray to God: "Oh pity me!"
Comments about The Wedding Ring by Robert William Service
Poems About Wedding
- 1. The Wedding , Sidney Lanier
- 2. On A Wedding Anniversary , Dylan Thomas
- 3. The Wedding , lady grace
- 4. Tin Wedding Whistle , Ogden Nash
- 5. Wedding Toast , Richard Wilbur
- 6. At The Wedding-March , Gerard Manley Hopkins
- 7. Wedding-Ring , Denise Levertov
- 8. Hiawatha's Wedding-Feast , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 9. A Slice Of Wedding Cake , Robert Graves
- 10. Wedding-Hymn , Sidney Lanier
- 11. The Wedding Shop , Ernestine Northover
- 12. On The Night Of A Friend's Wedding , Edwin Arlington Robinson
- 13. The Wedding Dance In The Open Air , William Carlos Williams
- 14. At A Hasty Wedding , Thomas Hardy
- 15. Peasant Wedding , William Carlos Williams
- 16. The Wedding Ring , Robert William Service
- 17. Wedding Picture Face Down , Uriah Hamilton
- 18. The Wedding Of The Rose And The Lotos , Vachel Lindsay
- 19. Maran-Milan (Death-Wedding) , Rabindranath Tagore
- 20. The Wedding Ring Dance , Anne Sexton
- 21. The Iron Wedding Rings , Henry Lawson
- 22. Wedding Song , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 23. To My Husband On Our Wedding-Day , Rosanna Eleanor Leprohon
- 24. Edmund's Wedding , Mary Darby Robinson
- 25. ~ My Mom’s Wedding ~ , MS. NIVEDITA BAGCHI SPC. UK.
- 26. ! ! ! ! At A Wedding...! ! ! ! ! , Mamta Agarwal
- 27. Wedding Bells , Nikunj Sharma
- 28. Wedding Song , Sappho
- 29. A Wedding Song , Jean Ingelow
- 30. Wedding Night , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 31. The Silver One-Carlita's Wedding Vows , Lonnie Hicks
- 32. (harichandran) 04 The King's Wedding (I) , Rajaram Ramachandran
- 33. A Winter Wedding. , Fay Slimm
- 34. Sir Curt's Wedding-Journey , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 35. To Love And A Wedding , Matthew Holloway
- 36. 08. Spring Wedding (Charles And Camilla) , john tiong chunghoo
- 37. On My Wedding-Day , George Gordon Byron
- 38. Happy Wedding Anniversary Meggie , David Harris
- 39. The Golden Wedding Of Sterling And Sarah.. , Sidney Lanier
- 40. Epigram On My Wedding- Day To Penelope , George Gordon Byron
- 41. Summer Wedding Autumn Dad , Lonnie Hicks
- 42. The Wedding Sermon , Coventry Patmore
- 43. A Wedding March , Wilfrid Scawen Blunt
- 44. (harichandran) 05 The King’s Wedding (Ii) , Rajaram Ramachandran
- 45. The Wedding Band , Forough Farrokhzad
- 46. Wedding Ring , David Harris
- 47. Blighted Wedding Day. , Fay Slimm
- 48. Wedding Day , Edith Nesbit
- 49. Bab's Wedding Song , Scarlett Treat
- 50. Wedding , Vasko Popa
New Wedding Poems
- Wedding And Marriage - A Roundel, Dr. Ram Mehta
- Wedding, The Preface Of Marriage - A Ron.., Dr. Ram Mehta
- Wedding, A Special Event Of Marriage - A.., Dr. Ram Mehta
- Tomb of Baudelaire, Michael Palmer
- On the Sadness of Wedding Dresses, James Galvin
- Family - The Wedding Photo Of 1951, Paul Warren
- Wife's Wedding Dress, Randy McClave
- Polly And Paul, Joy Thacker
- Lyndsay's Wedding Dream, Randy McClave
- The End Of The Grange, David Lewis Paget
- carpe diem