Wedding Poems - Poems For Wedding - The Wedding Shop
Poems about wedding. You can read the best wedding poems. Browse through all wedding poems.
The Wedding Shop - Poem by Ernestine Northover
A wedding dress is what I would like,
So to a wedding shop then, I must hike,
To choose a dress, that is my aim,
One that will suit my voluptuous frame.
Now how does one begin to acquire,
Such stylish and suitable attire,
The choice is really overpowering,
Where to start is really quite cowering.
There are satins, chiffons, silks and tulles,
Oh my goodness, how my mouth drools.
So what now am I going to buy,
I suppose each one I'll have to try.
Diamonds sparkle, sequins flash,
Diamante to add a bit of a dash,
Frills and flounces, drapes and folds,
Such a variety my eye beholds.
In colours of so many hues,
Pinks, lemons, lilacs, greens and blues,
Creams and whites for formal brides,
Whatever the choice, the bride decides.
There are strapless tops, and separate skirts,
This dress buying, it really hurts,
There are ones with trains a mile long,
Oh gosh, times flying, I must crack on.
I think I'll have the one that's dreamy,
The one that is so deliciously creamy,
There's lots of ruching and a fake fur stole,
I think this one has hit the 'goal'.
It will well cover up my significant bulges,
An excess of all my too many indulges,
And that makes me happy, so I'm happy to say,
Whatever the price, I'm happy to pay.
So there's the cash, and here's my dress,
I've got it now, so no more stress,
Thank you so much for all your advice,
I'll tell all my friends, you really are nice.
I'll send you a photo when the deed is done,
Before we jet off to the sun.
You've gone and really made my day,
So I wish you good fortune, all the way.
© Ernestine Northover
Comments about The Wedding Shop by Ernestine Northover
Poems About Wedding
- 1. The Wedding , Sidney Lanier
- 2. On A Wedding Anniversary , Dylan Thomas
- 3. The Wedding , lady grace
- 4. Tin Wedding Whistle , Ogden Nash
- 5. Wedding Toast , Richard Wilbur
- 6. Wedding-Ring , Denise Levertov
- 7. At The Wedding-March , Gerard Manley Hopkins
- 8. Hiawatha's Wedding-Feast , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 9. A Slice Of Wedding Cake , Robert Graves
- 10. The Wedding Dance In The Open Air , William Carlos Williams
- 11. Wedding-Hymn , Sidney Lanier
- 12. The Wedding Shop , Ernestine Northover
- 13. On The Night Of A Friend's Wedding , Edwin Arlington Robinson
- 14. Peasant Wedding , William Carlos Williams
- 15. At A Hasty Wedding , Thomas Hardy
- 16. The Wedding Ring Dance , Anne Sexton
- 17. Maran-Milan (Death-Wedding) , Rabindranath Tagore
- 18. The Wedding Ring , Robert William Service
- 19. Wedding Picture Face Down , Uriah Hamilton
- 20. The Wedding Of The Rose And The Lotos , Vachel Lindsay
- 21. Wedding Song , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 22. To My Husband On Our Wedding-Day , Rosanna Eleanor Leprohon
- 23. Edmund's Wedding , Mary Darby Robinson
- 24. ~ My Mom’s Wedding ~ , MS. NIVEDITA BAGCHI SPC. UK.
- 25. The Iron Wedding Rings , Henry Lawson
- 26. Wedding Song , Sappho
- 27. ! ! ! ! At A Wedding...! ! ! ! ! , Mamta Agarwal
- 28. Wedding Bells , Nikunj Sharma
- 29. Wedding Night , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 30. The Silver One-Carlita's Wedding Vows , Lonnie Hicks
- 31. Bab's Wedding Song , Scarlett Treat
- 32. (harichandran) 04 The King's Wedding (I) , Rajaram Ramachandran
- 33. A Winter Wedding. , Fay Slimm
- 34. Sir Curt's Wedding-Journey , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 35. Silver Wedding , Vernon Scannell
- 36. 08. Spring Wedding (Charles And Camilla) , john tiong chunghoo
- 37. Happy Wedding Anniversary Meggie , David Harris
- 38. On My Wedding-Day , George Gordon Byron
- 39. The Golden Wedding Of Sterling And Sarah.. , Sidney Lanier
- 40. Epigram On My Wedding- Day To Penelope , George Gordon Byron
- 41. Summer Wedding Autumn Dad , Lonnie Hicks
- 42. The Wedding Band , Forough Farrokhzad
- 43. The Wedding Sermon , Coventry Patmore
- 44. A Wedding March , Wilfrid Scawen Blunt
- 45. (harichandran) 05 The King’s Wedding (Ii) , Rajaram Ramachandran
- 46. Wedding Ring , David Harris
- 47. Blighted Wedding Day. , Fay Slimm
- 48. A Wedding Song , Jean Ingelow
- 49. Sounds Of Wedding Bells , Sylvia Chidi
- 50. Wedding Day , Edith Nesbit
New Wedding Poems
- Tomb of Baudelaire, Michael Palmer
- On the Sadness of Wedding Dresses, James Galvin
- Family - The Wedding Photo Of 1951, Paul Warren
- Wife's Wedding Dress, Randy McClave
- Polly And Paul, Joy Thacker
- Lyndsay's Wedding Dream, Randy McClave
- The End Of The Grange, David Lewis Paget
- Happiest Event The Wedding., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The French, Oskar Hansen
- The Wedding By Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- carpe diem