Wedding Poems - Poems For Wedding - The Golden Wedding Of Sterling And Sarah Lanier, September 27, 1868. - Poem by Sidney Lanier | Poem Hunter
Poems about wedding. You can read the best wedding poems. Browse through all wedding poems.
The Golden Wedding Of Sterling And Sarah Lanier, September 27, 1868. - Poem by Sidney Lanier
By the Eldest Grandson.
A rainbow span of fifty years,
Painted upon a cloud of tears,
In blue for hopes and red for fears,
Finds end in a golden hour to-day.
Ah, YOU to our childhood the legend told,
'At the end of the rainbow lies the gold,'
And now in our thrilling hearts we hold
The gold that never will pass away.
Gold crushed from the quartz of a crystal life,
Gold hammered with blows of human strife,
Gold burnt in the love of man and wife,
Till it is pure as the very flame:
Gold that the miser will not have,
Gold that is good beyond the grave,
Gold that the patient and the brave
Amass, neglecting praise and blame.
O golden hour that caps the time
Since, heart to heart like rhyme to rhyme,
You stood and listened to the chime
Of inner bells by spirits rung,
That tinkled many a secret sweet
Concerning how two souls should meet,
And whispered of Time's flying feet
With a most piquant silver tongue.
O golden day, -- a golden crown
For the kingly heads that bowed not down
To win a smile or 'scape a frown,
Except the smile and frown of Heaven!
Dear heads, still dark with raven hair;
Dear hearts, still white in spite of care;
Dear eyes, still black and bright and fair
As any eyes to mortals given!
Old parents of a restless race,
You miss full many a bonny face
That would have smiled a filial grace
Around your Golden Wedding wine.
But God is good and God is great.
His will be done, if soon or late.
Your dead stand happy in yon Gate
And call you blessed while they shine.
So, drop the tear and dry the eyes.
Your rainbow glitters in the skies.
Here's golden wine: young, old, arise:
With cups as full as our souls, we say:
'Two Hearts, that wrought with smiles through tears
This rainbow span of fifty years,
Behold how true, true love appears
True gold for your Golden Wedding day!'
Comments about The Golden Wedding Of Sterling And Sarah Lanier, September 27, 1868. by Sidney Lanier
Poems About Wedding
- 1. The Wedding , Sidney Lanier
- 2. On A Wedding Anniversary , Dylan Thomas
- 3. Wedding Toast , Richard Wilbur
- 4. The Wedding , lady grace
- 5. Tin Wedding Whistle , Ogden Nash
- 6. Wedding-Ring , Denise Levertov
- 7. At The Wedding-March , Gerard Manley Hopkins
- 8. Hiawatha's Wedding-Feast , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 9. Wedding-Hymn , Sidney Lanier
- 10. At A Hasty Wedding , Thomas Hardy
- 11. A Slice Of Wedding Cake , Robert Graves
- 12. The Wedding Shop , Ernestine Northover
- 13. On The Night Of A Friend's Wedding , Edwin Arlington Robinson
- 14. The Wedding Ring , Robert William Service
- 15. Maran-Milan (Death-Wedding) , Rabindranath Tagore
- 16. The Wedding Dance In The Open Air , William Carlos Williams
- 17. Wedding Picture Face Down , Uriah Hamilton
- 18. The Wedding Ring Dance , Anne Sexton
- 19. The Wedding Of The Rose And The Lotos , Vachel Lindsay
- 20. Peasant Wedding , William Carlos Williams
- 21. Wedding Song , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 22. Wedding , Vasko Popa
- 23. ~ My Mom’s Wedding ~ , MS. NIVEDITA BAGCHI SPC. UK.
- 24. Wedding Night , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 25. The Iron Wedding Rings , Henry Lawson
- 26. To My Husband On Our Wedding-Day , Rosanna Eleanor Leprohon
- 27. Wedding Bells , Nikunj Sharma
- 28. The Silver One-Carlita's Wedding Vows , Lonnie Hicks
- 29. To Love And A Wedding , Matthew Holloway
- 30. ! ! ! ! At A Wedding...! ! ! ! ! , Mamta Agarwal
- 31. Wedding Song , Sappho
- 32. Silver Wedding , Vernon Scannell
- 33. Edmund's Wedding , Mary Darby Robinson
- 34. (harichandran) 04 The King's Wedding (I) , Rajaram Ramachandran
- 35. A Winter Wedding. , Fay Slimm
- 36. Bab's Wedding Song , Scarlett Treat
- 37. Grandma's Wedding Shoes , Ravi Kopra
- 38. Sir Curt's Wedding-Journey , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 39. 08. Spring Wedding (Charles And Camilla) , john tiong chunghoo
- 40. On My Wedding-Day , George Gordon Byron
- 41. Happy Wedding Anniversary Meggie , David Harris
- 42. The Golden Wedding Of Sterling And Sarah.. , Sidney Lanier
- 43. Sounds Of Wedding Bells , Sylvia Chidi
- 44. Epigram On My Wedding- Day To Penelope , George Gordon Byron
- 45. Summer Wedding Autumn Dad , Lonnie Hicks
- 46. The Wedding Sermon , Coventry Patmore
- 47. A Wedding March , Wilfrid Scawen Blunt
- 48. (harichandran) 05 The King’s Wedding (Ii) , Rajaram Ramachandran
- 49. The Wedding Band , Forough Farrokhzad
- 50. Wedding Ring , David Harris
New Wedding Poems
- Celebrity Weddings (In India), Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- July 2018 Showcase Of Poems... [ Found O.., Bri Edwards
- In The Joy Of The Wedding Day, Pierre Rausch
- Pride (Mod.), Joanna Hoffman
- Une Tranche Du Gateau De Noce.(Translati.., Michael Walker
- WILD FLOWERS, Caroline Bird
- Wedding, emebet mesfin
- Matthew Chapter Twenty-Two, Day Williams
- July Love's, Nia Bahri
- On the Sadness of Wedding Dresses, James Galvin
- carpe diem