Wedding Poems - Poems For Wedding - The Golden Wedding Of Sterling And Sarah Lanier, September 27, 1868.
Poems about wedding. You can read the best wedding poems. Browse through all wedding poems.
The Golden Wedding Of Sterling And Sarah Lanier, September 27, 1868. - Poem by Sidney Lanier
By the Eldest Grandson.
A rainbow span of fifty years,
Painted upon a cloud of tears,
In blue for hopes and red for fears,
Finds end in a golden hour to-day.
Ah, YOU to our childhood the legend told,
'At the end of the rainbow lies the gold,'
And now in our thrilling hearts we hold
The gold that never will pass away.
Gold crushed from the quartz of a crystal life,
Gold hammered with blows of human strife,
Gold burnt in the love of man and wife,
Till it is pure as the very flame:
Gold that the miser will not have,
Gold that is good beyond the grave,
Gold that the patient and the brave
Amass, neglecting praise and blame.
O golden hour that caps the time
Since, heart to heart like rhyme to rhyme,
You stood and listened to the chime
Of inner bells by spirits rung,
That tinkled many a secret sweet
Concerning how two souls should meet,
And whispered of Time's flying feet
With a most piquant silver tongue.
O golden day, -- a golden crown
For the kingly heads that bowed not down
To win a smile or 'scape a frown,
Except the smile and frown of Heaven!
Dear heads, still dark with raven hair;
Dear hearts, still white in spite of care;
Dear eyes, still black and bright and fair
As any eyes to mortals given!
Old parents of a restless race,
You miss full many a bonny face
That would have smiled a filial grace
Around your Golden Wedding wine.
But God is good and God is great.
His will be done, if soon or late.
Your dead stand happy in yon Gate
And call you blessed while they shine.
So, drop the tear and dry the eyes.
Your rainbow glitters in the skies.
Here's golden wine: young, old, arise:
With cups as full as our souls, we say:
'Two Hearts, that wrought with smiles through tears
This rainbow span of fifty years,
Behold how true, true love appears
True gold for your Golden Wedding day!'
Comments about The Golden Wedding Of Sterling And Sarah Lanier, September 27, 1868. by Sidney Lanier
Poems About Wedding
- 1. The Wedding , Sidney Lanier
- 2. On A Wedding Anniversary , Dylan Thomas
- 3. The Wedding , lady grace
- 4. Tin Wedding Whistle , Ogden Nash
- 5. Wedding Toast , Richard Wilbur
- 6. At The Wedding-March , Gerard Manley Hopkins
- 7. Wedding-Ring , Denise Levertov
- 8. Hiawatha's Wedding-Feast , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 9. A Slice Of Wedding Cake , Robert Graves
- 10. Wedding-Hymn , Sidney Lanier
- 11. The Wedding Shop , Ernestine Northover
- 12. On The Night Of A Friend's Wedding , Edwin Arlington Robinson
- 13. The Wedding Dance In The Open Air , William Carlos Williams
- 14. At A Hasty Wedding , Thomas Hardy
- 15. Peasant Wedding , William Carlos Williams
- 16. The Wedding Ring , Robert William Service
- 17. Wedding Picture Face Down , Uriah Hamilton
- 18. The Wedding Of The Rose And The Lotos , Vachel Lindsay
- 19. Maran-Milan (Death-Wedding) , Rabindranath Tagore
- 20. The Wedding Ring Dance , Anne Sexton
- 21. The Iron Wedding Rings , Henry Lawson
- 22. Wedding Song , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 23. To My Husband On Our Wedding-Day , Rosanna Eleanor Leprohon
- 24. Edmund's Wedding , Mary Darby Robinson
- 25. ~ My Mom’s Wedding ~ , MS. NIVEDITA BAGCHI SPC. UK.
- 26. ! ! ! ! At A Wedding...! ! ! ! ! , Mamta Agarwal
- 27. Wedding Bells , Nikunj Sharma
- 28. Wedding Song , Sappho
- 29. A Wedding Song , Jean Ingelow
- 30. Wedding Night , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 31. The Silver One-Carlita's Wedding Vows , Lonnie Hicks
- 32. (harichandran) 04 The King's Wedding (I) , Rajaram Ramachandran
- 33. A Winter Wedding. , Fay Slimm
- 34. Sir Curt's Wedding-Journey , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 35. To Love And A Wedding , Matthew Holloway
- 36. 08. Spring Wedding (Charles And Camilla) , john tiong chunghoo
- 37. On My Wedding-Day , George Gordon Byron
- 38. Happy Wedding Anniversary Meggie , David Harris
- 39. The Golden Wedding Of Sterling And Sarah.. , Sidney Lanier
- 40. Epigram On My Wedding- Day To Penelope , George Gordon Byron
- 41. Summer Wedding Autumn Dad , Lonnie Hicks
- 42. The Wedding Sermon , Coventry Patmore
- 43. A Wedding March , Wilfrid Scawen Blunt
- 44. (harichandran) 05 The King’s Wedding (Ii) , Rajaram Ramachandran
- 45. The Wedding Band , Forough Farrokhzad
- 46. Wedding Ring , David Harris
- 47. Blighted Wedding Day. , Fay Slimm
- 48. Wedding Day , Edith Nesbit
- 49. Bab's Wedding Song , Scarlett Treat
- 50. Wedding , Vasko Popa
New Wedding Poems
- Wedding And Marriage - A Roundel, Dr. Ram Mehta
- Wedding, The Preface Of Marriage - A Ron.., Dr. Ram Mehta
- Wedding, A Special Event Of Marriage - A.., Dr. Ram Mehta
- Tomb of Baudelaire, Michael Palmer
- On the Sadness of Wedding Dresses, James Galvin
- Family - The Wedding Photo Of 1951, Paul Warren
- Wife's Wedding Dress, Randy McClave
- Polly And Paul, Joy Thacker
- Lyndsay's Wedding Dream, Randy McClave
- The End Of The Grange, David Lewis Paget
- carpe diem