Wedding Poems - Poems For Wedding - A Wedding March - Poem by Wilfrid Scawen Blunt | Poem Hunter
Poems about wedding. You can read the best wedding poems. Browse through all wedding poems.
A Wedding March - Poem by Wilfrid Scawen Blunt
Clash your cymbals, maids, to--day.
Chaunt the praise of Cynthia.
You, her virgins, yokeless, free,
Young Time's choice, his brides--to--be.
Nymphs in white, who hand in hand
Next to her high altar stand,
Take your timbrels, strike your strings;
Tune them to Love's clamourings.
Heralds be of her your fairest,
Her of rarities the rarest.
Instant all her laud rehearse,
Idol of your universe;
And thus armed stand forth and say,
``All is nought but Cynthia.''
Clash your cymbals. Beat your drums.
Cynthia in her glory comes,
High with him whose duty is
Her to lead to a new bliss.
Ah, what fortune his to be
Angel of her ecstasy!
Red with roses Love's path lies,
Rich in rainbows of surprise.
They that tread it wiser are
Than the wise kings with their star,
Eve and morn who went pursuing
Eve's old hopes to Time's undoing,
Robbing Time of his vain wrath.
Run to Love; take all he hath,
Idle maids! Nay, shout and sing,
In Love's praise new chorusing,
Stintless this thrice happy day.
Shout aloud for Cynthia!
Comments about A Wedding March by Wilfrid Scawen Blunt
Poems About Wedding
- 1. The Wedding , Sidney Lanier
- 2. On A Wedding Anniversary , Dylan Thomas
- 3. The Wedding , lady grace
- 4. Tin Wedding Whistle , Ogden Nash
- 5. Wedding Toast , Richard Wilbur
- 6. Wedding-Ring , Denise Levertov
- 7. At The Wedding-March , Gerard Manley Hopkins
- 8. Hiawatha's Wedding-Feast , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 9. Wedding-Hymn , Sidney Lanier
- 10. A Slice Of Wedding Cake , Robert Graves
- 11. The Wedding Shop , Ernestine Northover
- 12. On The Night Of A Friend's Wedding , Edwin Arlington Robinson
- 13. At A Hasty Wedding , Thomas Hardy
- 14. Maran-Milan (Death-Wedding) , Rabindranath Tagore
- 15. The Wedding Dance In The Open Air , William Carlos Williams
- 16. Peasant Wedding , William Carlos Williams
- 17. The Wedding Ring , Robert William Service
- 18. Wedding Picture Face Down , Uriah Hamilton
- 19. The Wedding Of The Rose And The Lotos , Vachel Lindsay
- 20. The Wedding Ring Dance , Anne Sexton
- 21. Wedding Song , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 22. Wedding , Vasko Popa
- 23. ~ My Mom’s Wedding ~ , MS. NIVEDITA BAGCHI SPC. UK.
- 24. Wedding Night , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 25. The Iron Wedding Rings , Henry Lawson
- 26. To My Husband On Our Wedding-Day , Rosanna Eleanor Leprohon
- 27. ! ! ! ! At A Wedding...! ! ! ! ! , Mamta Agarwal
- 28. Wedding Bells , Nikunj Sharma
- 29. The Silver One-Carlita's Wedding Vows , Lonnie Hicks
- 30. Wedding Song , Sappho
- 31. A Wedding Song , Jean Ingelow
- 32. Edmund's Wedding , Mary Darby Robinson
- 33. (harichandran) 04 The King's Wedding (I) , Rajaram Ramachandran
- 34. A Winter Wedding. , Fay Slimm
- 35. Bab's Wedding Song , Scarlett Treat
- 36. Sir Curt's Wedding-Journey , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 37. Grandma's Wedding Shoes , Ravi Kopra
- 38. 08. Spring Wedding (Charles And Camilla) , john tiong chunghoo
- 39. On My Wedding-Day , George Gordon Byron
- 40. Happy Wedding Anniversary Meggie , David Harris
- 41. The Golden Wedding Of Sterling And Sarah.. , Sidney Lanier
- 42. Sounds Of Wedding Bells , Sylvia Chidi
- 43. Epigram On My Wedding- Day To Penelope , George Gordon Byron
- 44. Summer Wedding Autumn Dad , Lonnie Hicks
- 45. The Wedding Sermon , Coventry Patmore
- 46. There Falls With Every Wedding Chime , Walter Savage Landor
- 47. Silver Wedding , Vernon Scannell
- 48. A Wedding March , Wilfrid Scawen Blunt
- 49. (harichandran) 05 The King’s Wedding (Ii) , Rajaram Ramachandran
- 50. Wedding Ring , David Harris
New Wedding Poems
- Pride (Mod.), Joanna Hoffman
- Une Tranche Du Gateau De Noce.(Translati.., Michael Walker
- WILD FLOWERS, Caroline Bird
- Wedding, emebet mesfin
- Ground Controls By Gio Masserati, Gio Masserati
- Matthew Chapter Twenty-Two, Day Williams
- July Love's, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri
- Tomb of Baudelaire, Michael Palmer
- On the Sadness of Wedding Dresses, James Galvin
- Family - The Wedding Photo Of 1951, Paul Warren
- carpe diem